The Student Room Group

Is My Finger Broken?

I'm in unbearable pain, swelling, I have DIY splint on it, (Can't move with splint off) NO history of broken bones, hurt it setting a volleyball, the pains only getting worse HELP!
I suggest you go get it checked with he GP this sounds quite serious😳
Reply 2
Original post by London090
I suggest you go get it checked with he GP this sounds quite serious😳

Should I go to the ER the doctor is closed?
Original post by MadiLucille
Should I go to the ER the doctor is closed?

YES! Go as fast as you can because we don't want there to be more complications!

PM me if you need any more help and send me an update on how you're doing :smile:
I'm in unbearable pain, swelling, I have DIY splint on it, (Can't move with splint off) NO history of broken bones, hurt it setting a volleyball, the pains only getting worse HELP!

Probs broken don’t move it too much :smile:
Reply 5
YES! Go as fast as you can because we don't want there to be more complications!

PM me if you need any more help and send me an update on how you're doing :smile:

getting In the car (friend driving)... do you think it's broken??
getting In the car (friend driving)... do you think it's broken??

Yeah I think so, you said that you're in unbearable pain and that it's swelling. It's either broken or sprained but I'm going to say that it's broken... Is it at a weird angle?
Reply 7
Yeah I think so, you said that you're in unbearable pain and that it's swelling. It's either broken or sprained but I'm going to say that it's broken... Is it at a weird angle?

the knuckle is a tad off ( were swelling is) but my finger ( at the tip has always been a bit sideways)
I’d find the local minor injuries and go there to get it looked at. A&E really don’t need burdening with broken fingers. If the minor injuries clinic think it’s bad enough they’ll send you there. If not they’ll strap it and give you advice.
the knuckle is a tad off ( were swelling is) but my finger ( at the tip has always been a bit sideways)

Oh I see well let's see what the ER has to say, fingers crossed that it's nothing too bad!
Oh I see well let's see what the ER has to say, fingers crossed that it's nothing too bad!

IT is broken and in need of surgery
IT is broken and in need of surgery

WHAT?! NOOOOO😰 Are you okay?

Quick Reply