Turn on thread page Beta

To save $500+, is it worth it to watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Fly from Paris to London. On Departure and Return, without enough time to actually go in to London. Discuss for rep

ReputationRep:
    Is it to travel to London to see London? If it isnt what is the point? The airport really isnt that spectacular unless you are a plane spotter. If so...Heathrow is the place to be.

ReputationRep:
    I think you might have to explain this a bit better, I don't really understand what you're asking...

ReputationRep:
    Well, the plan was going to be fly to London, chunnel to Paris and then the rest of my trip, but I can save quite a bit of money by flying to Paris, with just a connection. I pretty much have to make a connection in the US or abroad unless I fly BA or Virgin to London, which is only a $300 difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forpolarbears)
    Well, the plan was going to be fly to London, chunnel to Paris and then the rest of my trip, but I can save quite a bit of money by flying to Paris, with just a connection. I pretty much have to make a connection in the US or abroad unless I fly BA or Virgin to London, which is only a $300 difference.
    Well...since I'm guessing you are flying from SF. If you dont want to see london, there is no harm in doing it to save a bit of money but London, IMO, is worth a visit for 2 or 3 days.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you aren't that bothered about seeing London, then I'd definitely fly. Either that, or fly to Paris on your Outward journey, spend a few days there, chunnel/eurostar to London, spend a bit of time there, and then fly to San Francisco.

ReputationRep:
    I actually just checked again, and I can get a mini-stop over in London. I've been before, but I wanted to be a nerd and check out a few things for my thesis research/visit one of the universities I haven't seen before.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I actually just checked again, and I can get a mini-stop over in London. I've been before, but I wanted to be a nerd and check out a few things for my thesis research/visit one of the universities I haven't seen before.

Thanks
    That is a good idea...I would do that. it is a GOOD idea to check out unis, esp if you are there on the off chance.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I am a moron. I can get from LAX to LHR for $745 on Air France. Hurray for deregulation!!!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.