The Student Room Group
The uni's will know.
They can tell when it isn't your own work so it's honestly pointless
Reply 2
Original post by Justarandomuser
What are your opinions on using those websites that charge £50-£150 for writing your personal statement.
You have to give info about yourself and they basically organise it.

I'd rather make it myself, like, how is someone else supposed to know who I really am? What I'm really capable of...
It's quite sad really
****ing write it yourself like everybody else ****ing does.
A family member tried convincing me to use a website that would do so. He said his children only got into medicine and dentistry at uni thanks to websites like that and I should give it a go even if I don’t want to keep my statment
A family member tried convincing me to use a website that would do so. He said his children only got into medicine and dentistry at uni thanks to websites like that and I should give it a go even if I don’t want to keep my statment

It's a waste of money if you're not going to use the statement then.
Many medical schools don't put much emphasis on the PS and rather on other factors. Everyone at my school who applied for medicine wrote their own PS and most got a place. For those who didn't it came down to other factors like their UKCAT or the interview.
Maybe for his children the website worked but 99% of people write their own statement.
Additionally when I was applying to medicine, admissions people told us that they can tell when someone hasn't wrote their own statement
Personal statements are really not that hard.

If you feel the need to pay someone as you don't think you'll do a good job, I strongly encourage you not to attend university. Your talents are better suited to a low skilled job.

That said, I will happy write anyone's personal statement for the bargain price of £35. Reckon it should take 15 minutes.
What are your opinions on using those websites that charge £50-£150 for writing your personal statement.
You have to give info about yourself and they basically organise it.

My bleep machine has broken down :O
Shows you don't really give a **** about your application or academic integrity.
It's lying and cheating. Simple.
A family member tried convincing me to use a website that would do so. He said his children only got into medicine and dentistry at uni thanks to websites like that and I should give it a go even if I don’t want to keep my statement

Starting a medical career on the back of a fraudulent application isn’t ideal. Google fitness to practice and think about whether passing someone else’s work as your own for personal gain is the sort of thing that makes a good doctor.
Original post by Andrew97
****ing write it yourself like everybody else ****ing does.

Sorry for what i did.

Latest

Trending

Trending