The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Scroll to see replies

Original post by turner.c99
No you just get it when you start! We have to choose specific modules before they know what reading to give us I think

Yeah that makes sense I suppose... I’m just overthinking everything because I don’t want to show up and it turns out I’m already behind or something stupid like that! I really need to chill and just enjoy summer before it’s over 😱
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by Rachel Eachus
Yeah that makes sense I suppose... I’m just overthinking everything because I don’t want to show up and it turns out I’m already behind or something stupid like that! I really need to chill and just enjoy summer before it’s over 😱

Don’t worry about it, I’m sure you will be absolutely fine 😊 Are you living at home then?
Original post by turner.c99
Don’t worry about it, I’m sure you will be absolutely fine 😊 Are you living at home then?

Yeah I reckon so... My offer expires tomorrow and I can’t really justify spending the money on accommodation! I’ve literally just moved house anyway and I don’t think I can deal with any more boxes!
Yeah I reckon so... My offer expires tomorrow and I can’t really justify spending the money on accommodation! I’ve literally just moved house anyway and I don’t think I can deal with any more boxes!

Maybe I’ll move out in second or third year! 😊

Fair enough!
Hiii, can someone please tell me if Queen's are strict on more than 1 person staying overnight in Elms BT2/1 because I have 2 friends that would want to stay when we go to freshers etc. but on the website it says only 1 person can stay over?
Original post by georgia878
Hiii, can someone please tell me if Queen's are strict on more than 1 person staying overnight in Elms BT2/1 because I have 2 friends that would want to stay when we go to freshers etc. but on the website it says only 1 person can stay over?

Hi @georgia878

We have check with the Accommodation Team and unfortunately the one guest policy is the maximum.

Have a great time at Fresher. :yeah:

Thanks,

Team Queen's
(Stephen)
Hi, I’m an international student starting Queen’s in September. Is the arrival meet and greet only used to get from the airport to Queen’s accommodation or would I be able to go to my parent’s hotel from the airport as a part of the service?
I’ve just been allocated my accommodation room for September but it is in ‘quiet living’ - when I rang up the uni to ask about this they said it’s just a little bit quieter and won’t be an issue. However since joining the accommodation group chat everybody seems that they don’t want to be put into this? Is it accommodation for people who don’t like to go out as much?
Original post by izzbuckleyy
I’ve just been allocated my accommodation room for September but it is in ‘quiet living’ - when I rang up the uni to ask about this they said it’s just a little bit quieter and won’t be an issue. However since joining the accommodation group chat everybody seems that they don’t want to be put into this? Is it accommodation for people who don’t like to go out as much?

Yes quiet living will mostly be people who don’t want to go out at night/in the evenings. Usually they don’t drink if that’s important for you to have the option
Original post by AkilahE
Hi, I’m an international student starting Queen’s in September. Is the arrival meet and greet only used to get from the airport to Queen’s accommodation or would I be able to go to my parent’s hotel from the airport as a part of the service?

Hi there @AkilahE :hello:

The Meet & Greet service is organised by our International Student Support team so if you contact them directly they will be able to advise you. You can email them at [email protected].

You can find out more about arriving in Belfast here.

If you need anything else, please do let us know. See you on campus!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by izzbuckleyy

Is there an official accommodation group chat? Do you know if it would be possible for me to join? 😂
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi there @AkilahE :hello:

The Meet & Greet service is organised by our International Student Support team so if you contact them directly they will be able to advise you. You can email them at [email protected].

You can find out more about arriving in Belfast here.

If you need anything else, please do let us know. See you on campus!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Thank you so much!
Reply 153
Hi guys! Just a quick question for any student nurses already attending Queens in here. How often are you guys on placement during weekends & doing nightshifts? I'm starting in February and mainly work at the weekends so am slightly worried, thanks.
Original post by PJG106
Hi guys! Just a quick question for any student nurses already attending Queens in here. How often are you guys on placement during weekends & doing nightshifts? I'm starting in February and mainly work at the weekends so am slightly worried, thanks.

Hello! I'm currently a childrens student nurse! First year is 6 weeks in uni, then 6 weeks in placement and so on.
On placement, you'll be allocated a mentor, and most of the time you'll be on the same shifts as them! You'll be working 37.5 hours so that equates to 3x13 hour shifts in most cases but sometimes you'll be working 4 to make hours up. This can be split up all throughout the week. Regarding night duty, it just depends on the night rotation, I've only currently got 3 nights starting december but the rest is long days and earlys. As a student, the university say you're not in the position to request your shifts to suit your part time job, placement is your priority and most placements dont appreciate you asking for days off to suit your job - I would just recommend cutting your hours down if possible while you're on placement and getting your manager to be flexible with you.

Any other questions, give me a wee message 😊

Latest

Trending

Trending