Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well...jus say u go for halls and your room isnt ensuite-like its shared bathroom facilities, is it like a private bathroom? im imagining like a row of showering cubicles here and well thats kinda scary, im a privacy freak,like i need a bathroom with a freakin lock on the door, it can be shared sure but not like all open n stuff...so yea-wat are the bathroom facilities like?

ReputationRep:
    In st pats it is just a row of showering cubicles, lol sorry to tell you. In Wantage, I think there's just one shower on the block but it's a unisex bathroom.

I don't know anything about the other non-ensuite halls though, but I'm sure someone else on here does

ReputationRep:
    in windsor it's one massive room that has 3 toilet cubicles, 2 shower cubicles then a bath cubicle.
    it's good though because you can shower at the same time as a friend and have a chat / sing each time you have a shower!!

edit: it is a bit daunting at first, but you get over peeing infront of people after a couple of days because everyone does it. and by the time you know people well you can say "i'm just going to the toilet (if you get me!!) so can no one come in" lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tashah)
    In Wantage, I think there's just one shower on the block but it's a unisex bathroom.

I don't know anything about the other non-ensuite halls though, but I'm sure someone else on here does
    In Wantage there is approx 3 cubicle showers, and 1 hidden shower which serves about 20 people? (thats on my corridor at least) it may sound cramped or something (before I came here I would be thinking 'oh no!') but you get used to it, and like the person above stated, you can have a sing a long in the shower, and if you ever need peace when going to the toilet, you just usually state you are going to the toilet and everyone usually just gets on with things and leaves you alone! so you will be fine

ReputationRep:
    Childs had row of toilets, two showers and one bath. All have locks on them.

ReputationRep:
    Get en-suite, its SO WORTH IT!

ReputationRep:
    In St George's there is one contained shower and one contained toilet between 6-5 people.

ReputationRep:
    i was worried about the shower/toilet situation but honestly not all .....20 or so people in my corridor decide they want a shower at the same time, they are always usually free and no one really bothers at people walking down the corridor with a towel on

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.