The Student Room Group

Can a girl and guy be best friends & not fall in love?

What do you all think??

Scroll to see replies

Course, if it is always platonic and there is nothing else there.
The girl thinks so.

The guy does not.
Only if the guy is gay.
Reply 4
Yes, however books, films and tv always seem to portray and male and females becoming friends as also leading to a relationship. It gets very tiring to see all the time.

If you can't be friends with the sex you are attracted to then that is quite sad, you are missing out a huge number of people.

This is an Ace opinion though so I doubt many will agree with it.
Befriend yes. But best friend?
Reply 6
It depends on the people.

Sometimes you can have a friendship of opposite sexes and have absolutely no feelings between them. Though this is less common than you think, somewhere along the lines someone may start to catch feelings for the other. It's just natural.
Reply 7
As long as they aren't attracted to each other, or not very attracted to each other
Lol! I've been in a few discussions about this recently.

So, I definitely have had and still have guys that are friends..... just friends. But, I think the difference is if you have a friend group. I have guys that are friends within a group of friends we hang out a lot but I don't date them. But, I think it may be a bit trickier if it is just one on one friends. Yes, I certainly think you can be 'just friends' but it usually causes someone to get 'fuzzy' in their feelings one on one. But, I do know within a group girls and guys can be great friends!
Reply 9
He is just thirsty.
If a relationship gets past the passionate stage and survives, this is sometimes what you end up with anyway.
Reply 11
My best friends have always been boys.

My best friends are 2 guys, one of whom is gay (and I am too)
people are gay steven
straight ppl: ok wild idea........................ can a guy n a girl be pals
lgbt ppl: w i l d dude did u think of that just now
As a bisexual, I’ve always found this narrative incredibly hilarious. Do we not.... have friends? What about bi men? Or gay men who are friends with... other gay men?

I’m not even sure why y’all keep perpetuating that argument, but of course they can.
Original post by todorokishouto
straight ppl: ok wild idea........................ can a guy n a girl be pals
lgbt ppl: w i l d dude did u think of that just now

bisexuals are: friendless

love that for us ! 😋
Original post by Anonymous
What do you all think??

Sure it can happen, but....

1. Most likely one will secretly fancy the other, and wouldn't turn down sex given the opportunity. They may even lie to themselves about this.

2. If they're both single and one of them starts a relationship, good luck keeping the friendship. Their new partner will eventually expect to also be the best friend.
What do you all think??

1. Most likely one will secretly fancy the other, and wouldn't turn down sex given the opportunity. They may even lie to themselves about this.

2. If they're both single and one of them starts a relationship, good luck keeping the friendship. Their new partner will eventually expect to also be the best friend.
What do you all think??

Yes.

Damn the second point-das some real ****

Quick Reply

Latest