Turn on thread page Beta

How can you go from being someone's everything to someone's nothing? watch

I'm upset over a recent separation. I don't get how you can mean the world to someone and then just mean nothing to them. To go from being together and just needing the person near you all the time, to them not wanting to see or communicate with you at all or very little! You know when you just need to talk and they are just there, or you need a hug from them, you tell them all your secrets, you're so used to turning to them, that now that they are gone you are so lost
    I know this is how a breakup works, etc etc, but were the feelings ever real if you were in love?, and then to end with not wanting to see the person again???? It must have been fake right? Because love can't just disappear can it? :mad:

(Plz keep anon as the person could see this and they would know it was about them , and I really don't want that! thnx)

ReputationRep:
    ;console;

i wouldnt think its fake, mayb the other person dosent want it to look like it is effecting them, ive had experience with this and its the most fraustrating, annoying, heat breaking thing to see, you put all your trust in someone and they abused that, the best thing is to not think about them, they are the one that dumped you so you are not in the wrong, i know it hurts and it will for awhile, try and talk to some close friends and make sure you dont cope with it alone thats the worse thing to do!

talking is the way forward and propbably the one thing that will pull you through all of this

hope it works out for you

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes, the only way to get through the pain and uncertainty of breaking up after such a strong relationship is to try and cut all contact. Cut away all ties, it's much like ripping off the bandage quickly: it's sharply painful but it heals sooner.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with Hyclean, sometimes its the only way you are ever going to get over someone- not to be around them.
    Dont take it as a personal attack to hurt you or anything or question the feelings that they had. It was more than likely genuine at the time and they are now just delaing with the seperation in the only way they know how.

ReputationRep:
    People will generally act cold and distant as a way of dealing with separating themselves from the person. Pretty much what's been said above.

ReputationRep:
    Its really hard. When I broke up with my first boyfriend we went from seeing each other every day to not even acknowledging each other when we passed at school. It is heart breaking but sometimes love does just disappear and no one really knows why. Just because he doesn't want to see you any more doesn't mean that what you didn't have was real. For some people cutting their ex out of their lives is the easiest way for them to get over them. Hopefully things will start to get easier for you soon as the pain won't last forever and you will mean someone new and fall in love again even thought it might not seem that way now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.