The Student Room Group

Doing Physics A-level instead of Biology A-level??

I am taking a gap year currently and I am trying to retake biology A-level as I got a C in it. (I also did chemistry and maths but I don't need to retake them)
The thing with biology is, I really don't like the memorising and I can't seem to apply the knowlege well to the past paper questions. So I was thinking of doing phyiscs instead and get tutored for it during my gap year. Is it possible to finish 2 years worth of content in 1 year? Also I quite like the problem solving and math side of physics but is the content really hard? (as I heard a lot of people say it is one of the most difficult A-level.)
You can probably manage to do it all in just one year but it is quite difficult. If you also don't like memorising the first quarter of the course isn't much fun as a lot of it is memorising what makes up certain particles and how they all interact with each other. If you think you'll enjoy it though you could always try an online course for a one month trial or something like that before you fully commit.

Quick Reply

Latest