How can I use past papers to their full potential? Watch

AngelStarfire
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Most of the time when I ask for revision/studying tips most people say,”Past papers are your best friends”

Silly question but how exactly can I actually use past papers to their full potential?

My subjects are:
-English Lit and Lang
-Maths
-Triple Science
-Geography
-German
-Religious Studies

I don’t know how to use them to better my grades? Also what do people mean when they say that you should ‘memorise the paper/mark scheme’ can someone please elaborate because I’m really stupid.

I just want good grades and apparently past papers are the way to go so I want to know how to properly use them to improve/get high grades.
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When I do exam paper, I ensure I do them in exam conditions. I also give myself 10% less time than given because in a real exam, your nerves will affect you so ensure you are doing past papers in less time than you would be given. Also, after finishing a paper, immediately check your paper and mark your answers. This ensures you have your answers fresh in mind and it allows you to reflect better on what you did. Other than that, just keep practicing
AngelStarfire
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
When I do exam paper, I ensure I do them in exam conditions. I also give myself 10% less time than given because in a real exam, your nerves will affect you so ensure you are doing past papers in less time than you would be given. Also, after finishing a paper, immediately check your paper and mark your answers. This ensures you have your answers fresh in mind and it allows you to reflect better on what you did. Other than that, just keep practicing
Thank you so much for your response! That’s a really smart idea to give yourself 10% less time! I’ll start to try that(^~^ )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (277)
61.15%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.86%