Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I really like this brand of clothing (although it's ridiculously overpriced in the UK), and I needed a job, so I applied to the London store and now have an interview. My question is: um, WTF do I wear?
    I mean this is a job that requires me to wear jeans and a polo (I know this for fact, my friend works there), so do I wear something similar or do I go more formal? Also do I wear actual Abercrombie clothes if I have them (which I do), or is that trying too hard?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I have no idea, but wearing their clothes is just trying too hard. :p:

ReputationRep:
    OK,
    1) dont wear american eagle just no!
    2) Dont wear gap
    3) RL is ok, but dont splash out on it
    4) No torn jeans

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3-WzqfbVHU

ReputationRep:
    Id dress as you would for any other interview (which I assume is smart)
    I think it would be odd to wear their stuff, unless it was something plain and unidentifiable

ReputationRep:
    Don't go in Abercrombie - it will appear a bit contrite I think.
    Whilst the job sees you in polos and jeans, go for something a little smarter, still trendy, but essential interview clothing.
    Don't go OTT, go in something you're comfortable with and your confidence should aid you in the interview. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Smart trousers and a shirt. The clothing might be less informal on the job, but you should never turn up to any sort of interview wearing jeans and the like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EsStupido)
    Smart trousers and a shirt. The clothing might be less informal on the job, but you should never turn up to any sort of interview wearing jeans and the like.
    I turned up to my last job interview in skinny jeans and a plaid t shirt, the one guy who wore a shirt didn't get the job. It was for a big store too.

ReputationRep:
    do not wear A&F clothes, that'll look really naff.

wear something of a similar level though, e.g jack wills, ralph lauren etc, so giving off the preppy style, without going in their stuff! Alternatively wear smart casual trousers with a casual Ted Baker shirt or something similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .x.jen.x.)
    do not wear A&F clothes, that'll look really naff.

wear something of a similar level though, e.g jack wills, ralph lauren etc, so giving off the preppy style, without going in their stuff! Alternatively wear smart casual trousers with a casual Ted Baker shirt or something similar.
    Oh I have a Ted Baker shirt I could wear actually, maybe over a T shirt or something, with some black trousers?

ReputationRep:
    Dress formally, but still trendy. Also, I'd advice against wearing clothing that blatantly states the name of any brand, including Abercrombie.

ReputationRep:
    DO wear A&F clothes. I wore blatant Oasis clothes(their best sellers that season) and got the job. My supervisor told me later that was what clinched it for me. And I was told by my mother (who has worked in fashion her entire working life) to do this.

If you still didn't want to, just wear something else of a similar style to what they do.

ReputationRep:
    Hello Becca Lol

ReputationRep:
    hello duckie

ReputationRep:
    Ask your friend that works there what they wore to their interview. Failing that, I'd opt for one abercrombie item, jeans perhaps and a RL polo top? That way you're half and half. Don't show up in a full suit, doubt you would anyway, but think about it, AF is all about casual luxury, you're applying for a job as a store assistant and model and in the interview first impressions will count. You'll be judged on your looks too, if you show up in a 'casual luxury' influenced outfit, then you're more likely to get the job than showing up in a full suit, you're not applying for an accountants position!

ReputationRep:
    Just talked to my friend and he said he wore an American Eagle polo and a pair of jeans. I reckon I'll wear an A&F polo (as it's the nicest polo I have) with some Levi's (or other brand of jeans). Now I just have to find the right pair of jeans

Yes I know maybe am being a bit obsessive but paddy needs employment!!

ReputationRep:
    wonder how paddy gets on..

i would wear anything but A and F

appears very very needy..
    I know the oasis girl got away with it..but a and f is all very in your face with the logo and slogan type of stuff........

ReputationRep:
    Just heading off to the interview now, wish me luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)

Fingers crossed ! (metaphorically)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    how did ur interview go
    r u working ther now?
    model or impact?
    i have an interview shortly!!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.