The Student Room Group

i regret moving schools for sixth form

i moved schools from my old school to a new one. I moved because in the last year i grew apart from my best friend and i also suffered from a bit of depression. I still had a lot of friends at school but i felt like i needed a change because i wasn’t as close with my bff and maybe a change would help my depression. My best friend had told me she missed me a lot over summer and we still meet regularly it’s just not the me. We still have amazing chemistry but we don’t have any lessons together and now we’re at different schools. (she left my old school as well) i also had another friend but she was kind of depressed a bit as well so it didn’t help. anyway everything seems to have got a lot better recently i am no longer as depressed as i was and i’m so much happier and in starting to get closer with my bff again. I am at this new school and have been here for about 3 weeks. But my old school was a lot smaller and i could be my true werid self here. I know i need to get used to it and maybe settle in but i really do miss my old school. Maybe it’s only because i’m not there anymore but i miss a lot about it and my friends even though my bff has left it. I don’t know what to do, I really suited my old school it was very ME. I would like to maybe be back but i wood look so stupid because i left and then moved back. I guess maybe i just miss what it used to be and might not be the same as that anymore. Maybe i just miss my BFF and miss seeing her every day even though we aren’t as close we both love and miss each other so much. I am just really confused about what to do and i know i should give my new school more time. It’s like i need someone to know exactly what is right for me and to tell me because i can’t figure it out myself. And i’m scared that going to a new school will mean that i’ll drift away from my friends a lot. I really miss how things used to be in the earlier years of my old school until things got worse in the last year and i can’t tell whether moving was a mistake or not
Original post by alskdjfhg102938
i moved schools from my old school to a new one. I moved because in the last year i grew apart from my best friend and i also suffered from a bit of depression. I still had a lot of friends at school but i felt like i needed a change because i wasn’t as close with my bff and maybe a change would help my depression. My best friend had told me she missed me a lot over summer and we still meet regularly it’s just not the me. We still have amazing chemistry but we don’t have any lessons together and now we’re at different schools. (she left my old school as well) i also had another friend but she was kind of depressed a bit as well so it didn’t help. anyway everything seems to have got a lot better recently i am no longer as depressed as i was and i’m so much happier and in starting to get closer with my bff again. I am at this new school and have been here for about 3 weeks. But my old school was a lot smaller and i could be my true werid self here. I know i need to get used to it and maybe settle in but i really do miss my old school. Maybe it’s only because i’m not there anymore but i miss a lot about it and my friends even though my bff has left it. I don’t know what to do, I really suited my old school it was very ME. I would like to maybe be back but i wood look so stupid because i left and then moved back. I guess maybe i just miss what it used to be and might not be the same as that anymore. Maybe i just miss my BFF and miss seeing her every day even though we aren’t as close we both love and miss each other so much. I am just really confused about what to do and i know i should give my new school more time. It’s like i need someone to know exactly what is right for me and to tell me because i can’t figure it out myself. And i’m scared that going to a new school will mean that i’ll drift away from my friends a lot. I really miss how things used to be in the earlier years of my old school until things got worse in the last year and i can’t tell whether moving was a mistake or not

In the exact same position as you, now i think of it i dont really know why i moved. I moved as they had better grades statistically and claimed to be the best school in the borough. My previous school was closer, i had all friends and i dont even believe it was that bad but only moved because it was said to be better. My previous school said i cant move back and i want to desperately move back and now these 2 years will just be unpredictable...
Original post by Anonymous
In the exact same position as you, now i think of it i dont really know why i moved. I moved as they had better grades statistically and claimed to be the best school in the borough. My previous school was closer, i had all friends and i dont even believe it was that bad but only moved because it was said to be better. My previous school said i cant move back and i want to desperately move back and now these 2 years will just be unpredictable...

i guess maybe it’s a good thing as we can move forward and hopefully be even stronger but it’s just also hard because most people i know moved with their best friends or to be with their best friends but due to me losing mine i didn’t have anyone and i feel quite lonely now. I guess it was like that in y7 as well but people already have their friends so it’s quite hard. I just feel extremely lonely atm. Even if i moved with a bff and we ended up drifting apart it would be so much better than this because u can start off with them to help make more friends but all i have id myself . But st the end of the day it will be a good life test and hopefully we’ll be better people on the other sidfe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending