Turn on thread page Beta

do you reguarly have really vivid dreams or hardly ever? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have some crazy really vivid ones recently, switching through about 4 different storylines in a night and i can remeber nearly all of them when i wake up. the funny thing is they tend to involve old friends from my schooldays who i dont see much rather than people who are on my mind a lot now

i wont go into the precise nature of the dream because suffice to say, a detailed explanation of others peoples dream is one of the most boring topics of conversation ever to a lot of people! :p:

but i had this really cool one last night which was like playing a really cool computer game, it was like a lucid dream, freaking amazing! i think it might be all the drugs im on tbh (trazodone, citalopram, prochlorperazine maleate)

does anyone else get really vivd dreams and have you identified any causes - from prescription drugs to the more obscure ones that we're never really sure are true like eating cheese/drinking cocoa before going to sleep ???????

ReputationRep:
    Recently i've been having a vivid dream every night and funnily enough they involve people from the past too!
    I have several a night and wake up remebering each one in detail!
    I haven't identified the cause but I am on prescription drugs atm so that could be it.

ReputationRep:
    I do. They're usually nightmares though, I blame my overactive imagination

ReputationRep:
    I had a very vivid dream last night. It was fantastic. Made me wake up with a smile on my face.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, especially when I eat raw meat just before going to bed (Yes, I like to pull a Shelley).

ReputationRep:
    I have vivid dreams quite a lot, I go through stages of having loads over a couple of days and then back to normal again

ReputationRep:
    Every single night. It takes me a while when I wake up to realise that they didn't actually happen, which can be good or bad depending on the content of the dream

ReputationRep:
    I used to only dream vividly when I was stressed but now I tend to dream vividly very often. I remember what I dream most nights and my dreams are always somewhat weird...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i have vivid dreams too, not all the time but sometimes i will get one that really sticks out. i once had a dream there was a battle in sainsbury's with pixies , yes i need help hehe

ReputationRep:
    I had a really vivid dream last night in which my boyfriend dumped me. He just said in a really calm voice 'It's finished'. And because I'm at home, I couldn't roll over for a cuddle from him to reassure me it was just a dream!

ReputationRep:
    I have quite strange dreams but I hardly ever remember them in detail afterwards, which is a shame.

ReputationRep:
    actually i have quite the opposite, i rarely dream, is that weird? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I seem to have vivid dreams all the time, or at least I dream all the time. Probably means i've got plenty of issues I need to confront :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by that.girl.in.that.movie.)
    actually i have quite the opposite, i rarely dream, is that weird? :p:
    I can't remember having a dream at all for years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    I can't remember having a dream at all for years.
    ditto, just every now and then, but vague stuff nothing i can really recall :p:

very rarely if im honest. and so when i do remember one i often find im thinking about it for days

ReputationRep:
    I always have really vivid really strange dreams.

The weirdest one was I dreamed that I was dead. And when I woke up, I genuinely believed that I was a ghost and that I couldn't communicate with anyone. It took me nearly 2 hours to separate dream from reality, I just had to sit down and do nothing until my head worked itself out.

I blame stress, I'm having about 3 or 4 different dreams a night right now, but thats probably because i'm crapping myself over my exams and I haven't had a chance to revise for them because my mum's in hospital

ReputationRep:
    I never dream..it sucks...haha..well once i had a dream that was the only one i remembered..i kille dmy whole family..haha..they must have pissed me off that day,,,,hahaha...lol..but other than that...never dream or just dont remember it

ReputationRep:
    I have them all the time and they're usually elaborate horrible ones with really graphic details that I wont go into

ReputationRep:
    I got ridiculously drunk a few days ago and that night I had some insanely vivid dreams. Although looking back, I'm not sure if the alcohol made the dreams seem more vivid or if it made reality seem less real

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.