Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering If anyone else was doing Trojan Women for their exam in June. I have been ill and missed a good few lessons, and it is really bad because everyone is exchanging ideas about how they would stages certain scenes. Does anyone have a few pointer idea's to get me going in the right direction? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yo! I'm doing Trojan Women, and believed up until yesterday that I was going to fail this exam. There is stilla chance that I could fail this exam, but the key is to be imaginative. Remember the questions will be based on your own personal interpretation of the play (I read it for the first time, all the way through, last night :P- it was actually quite good, although depressing)

Are you on Edexcel? If so you should have the yellow booklet containing the play in its entirety. So. You need a director's concept. The best way to get one of those is to, well, read the play. Pay attention to your natural thoughts and reactions and use those to form ideas. Pay particular attention to the chorus, as they are all women, and the title is Trojan Women- also, pay attention to the moment Talthibius kills Astyanax. That moment is both very versatile and extremely significant- you have entire free reign with what you'd do with this piece and how you'd take it from the paper and make it your own, so make the most of it!

Just remember that, once you have a concept, stick to it. And, wherever possible, state all your ideas, or a selection of them, in your exam, to show that you've gone through a process of thought, and that you know if you were really to stage this play, you'd change your mind a lot and a number of things would influence those decisions.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, yeah, im Edexcel and i'm halfway through reading the play, and I came up with a few suggestions on how I would direct it, which gave me a bit hope! It's so depressing, I would hate to have to perform it with so much misery and awful things taking place. Thanks for the encouragement and good luck with your exam

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!!! I have my edexcel a2 drama tomorrow aswell! and i'm also doing trojan women, we came up with some cool ideas in class :P
    the practice questions are quite hard though :/
    anyone know where i can find some past papers??

ooooor more importantly, how long the thing is???

ReputationRep:
    It's 2 and a half hours, I'm dreading this exam!

I've written up all my notes for 16th/17th/18th/19th but have no idea what to write about for the 20th Century bit, with the dvd version etc. I think it's so ridiculous because they're totally different mediums and bare hardly any realistic comparisons! I'm doing Twelfth Night as well. YAWN!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing the Beggars Opera?

ReputationRep:
    me! im doing the beggars opera!

ReputationRep:
    yay im not the only one lol

im so stuck on my vision - i'm a lil stupid having left it till tonight lol :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing beggars opera too!!( I hate that play!!) Doing it really Forced Ent style C: And A Midsummer Nights Dream for the other text- Need to finish my notes blaaah

ReputationRep:
    i hate it too lol

ah i have othello for my other play!

ReputationRep:
    I've never come across a play so unbeleivably boring lol- its the stupidly long lines I hate - i swear everyone talks for about half a page when they could just say ahhh lets Kill macheath cause hes a bastatrd!! coming up with a concept wasn't to hard though, took me about an hour at most c:

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha exactly
    yea i think i have a concept now
    is your script like completley full of notes or not?

ReputationRep:
    not really I've only just started putting them in it though, I was gonna do like 2 or 3 scenes in good detail, probably a1 s1, a2 s1 and a prison one, and then generally look at the others and do some set drawings and stuff

ReputationRep:
    ah sounds good i've just been writing random stuff on each page..haven't done any scenes in proper detail yet

good luck x

ReputationRep:
    same for me pretty much

and you xx

ReputationRep:
    thanks x

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.