Whats the best way to learn Jekyll and Hyde

Watch this thread
confusedchildren
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My mocks are coming up in a couple of weeks and i was wondering if anyones got any good tips on what to learn and how to learn like key quotes and themes and stuff
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by confusedchildren)
My mocks are coming up in a couple of weeks and i was wondering if anyones got any good tips on what to learn and how to learn like key quotes and themes and stuff
Mr Bruff videos/ playlist and book.

Practice exam questions.

username3895014
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Maybe organize your quotes in to the themes they relate to
SnowyOwl2505
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hi there,

I studied Jekyll and Hyde myself for GCSE. With Jekyll and Hyde because it’s a closed book exam and you are provided with the extract, it would be better to create flashcards: one side with the quote and the other side with analysis or maybe how it relates to a specific theme. So for example, you could talk about how in the final chapter Stevenson explores through Jeykll’s narrative how both Jekyll and Hyde are one. You could use the quote ‘man is not truly one but truly two’, and then analyse dual personality and maybe link it to Stevenson’s own life.

Do PM if you need more help!
Hope that helps :-)
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
The same way you studied your other pieces of literature for the course thus far really.
confusedchildren
Rep:
(Original post by SnowyOwl2505)
Hi there,

I studied Jekyll and Hyde myself for GCSE. With Jekyll and Hyde because it’s a closed book exam and you are provided with the extract, it would be better to create flashcards: one side with the quote and the other side with analysis or maybe how it relates to a specific theme. So for example, you could talk about how in the final chapter Stevenson explores through Jeykll’s narrative how both Jekyll and Hyde are one. You could use the quote ‘man is not truly one but truly two’, and then analyse dual personality and maybe link it to Stevenson’s own life.

Do PM if you need more help!
Hope that helps :-)
Thanks this is really good advice do you happen to have any good revision notes or do you know any good sites to get notes from because i didnt really pay attention to the book after chapter 5 which was a big mistake
SnowyOwl2505
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Thanks this is really good advice do you happen to have any good revision notes or do you know any good sites to get notes from because i didnt really pay attention to the book after chapter 5 which was a big mistake
Hi there,

No problem, I just feel that we should help those who need our support. I’m not really sure to be honest whether I have notes on Jekyll and Hyde but I do have notes that I created by hands like how I did with the quotes on flashcards etc. So we were given key extracts in a booklet and analysed then as a class, we went through exam questions and sample assessment material questions as a class producing model responses. I’ll have a look for you and will let you know!

:-)
confusedchildren
Rep:
Hi there,

No problem, I just feel that we should help those who need our support. I’m not really sure to be honest whether I have notes on Jekyll and Hyde but I do have notes that I created by hands like how I did with the quotes on flashcards etc. So we were given key extracts in a booklet and analysed then as a class, we went through exam questions and sample assessment material questions as a class producing model responses. I’ll have a look for you and will let you know!

:-)
Thankyou so much youre a life saver XD How did you do on your GCSEs?
SnowyOwl2505
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Thankyou so much youre a life saver XD How did you do on your GCSEs?
No problem I’m glad it was useful, that’s the main thing.
I did well on my GCSE’s: got A’s / B’s and then got a C for Maths. Maths was just one of the subjects that I couldn’t understand but I did it lol!
confusedchildren
Rep:
No problem I’m glad it was useful, that’s the main thing.
I did well on my GCSE’s: got A’s / B’s and then got a C for Maths. Maths was just one of the subjects that I couldn’t understand but I did it lol!
Ah well done thats still good tbh i cant do maths either ive being doing a question for the last hour and i still cant answer it
SnowyOwl2505
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Ah well done thats still good tbh i cant do maths either ive being doing a question for the last hour and i still cant answer it
Yh it is good but I gave it my best shot. With me it was like if I didn’t like the subject, I wouldn’t bother. To be honest, maths is one of those subjects where there’s only one answer and to get that one particular answer there are many ways of getting to it. Unlike English, where you can say anything but you have to support it with evidence. I tried soooo many past papers for maths it was unbelievable!!!!! Also, sitting the higher paper actually helped as you have to get maybe half or under a half of the paper right to get a pass. With foundation you have to get about 80% correct on each paper to secure perhaps even a Grade C. I’m glad I did the higher paper, it was more difficult but I’m truly glad that I was entered in for the higher paper. My teacher had faith in me passing but I didn’t have faith in myself lol.
username4276962
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I did Jekyll and Hyde for GCSE too. I created mind maps for each character and on the mind map I put their key quotes and character analysis.
confusedchildren
Rep:
(Original post by spaghetti12)
I did Jekyll and Hyde for GCSE too. I created mind maps for each character and on the mind map I put their key quotes and character analysis.
Ah ok thanks how did you do?
username4276962
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Ah ok thanks how did you do?
I got a 7 in the exam so I guess I done pretty well. Good luck on your exam!
confusedchildren
Rep:
I got a 7 in the exam so I guess I done pretty well. Good luck on your exam!
Well done and thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (31)
32.63%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (44)
46.32%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (19)
20%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.05%

Watched Threads