Are FLASHCARDS the best way to revise A LEVEL CHEMISTRY????

Watch
Priyanboss517
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So i feel like i need to change up my revision style because i usually do condensed notes on A4 lined paper however its getting to that point where my brain just doesn't seem to want to remember the my notes in that format. However, i'm not too sure if flashcards are effective and can be a sole source for revision notes. Also i do find it difficult to read over my revision notes as there are quite a lot of pages to read over and i don't really get a chance to look over them too often. So i'm trying to find out whats the best way to revise chemistry. (Specifically A2 CHEMISTRY)

All advice and comments are appreciated
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nah, try highlighting it worked for me.
Infinite Series
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Priyanboss517)
So i feel like i need to change up my revision style because i usually do condensed notes on A4 lined paper however its getting to that point where my brain just doesn't seem to want to remember the my notes in that format. However, i'm not too sure if flashcards are effective and can be a sole source for revision notes. Also i do find it difficult to read over my revision notes as there are quite a lot of pages to read over and i don't really get a chance to look over them too often. So i'm trying to find out whats the best way to revise chemistry. (Specifically A2 CHEMISTRY)

All advice and comments are appreciated
There's no harm in trying to see if flashcards work for you
For me personally, flashcards don't work as I spend more time making them than actually studying from them.
A common technique that people use with flashcards is the spaced-repetition technique, so try this out as it helps to consolidate long-term memory
Priyanboss517
Rep:
?
(Original post by Grade A)
There's no harm in trying to see if flashcards work for you
For me personally, flashcards don't work as I spend more time making them than actually studying from them.
A common technique that people use with flashcards is the spaced-repetition technique, so try this out as it helps to consolidate long-term memory
Yeah, that where i feel i'm sort of lacking in. Its the fact that i'm not re consolidating my notes and going over and over them to commit it to long term memory. By the time its exam season, it feels like it did not click as well as i hoped to for long term memory (This is for my technique)
Infinite Series
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, that where i feel i'm sort of lacking in. Its the fact that i'm not re consolidating my notes and going over and over them to commit it to long term memory. By the time its exam season, it feels like it did not click as well as i hoped to for long term memory (This is for my technique)
The more often you go over notes, the less you'll have to do this over time as it will be established in your memory with enough practice.
Priyanboss517
Rep:
?
The more often you go over notes, the less you'll have to do this over time as it will be established in your memory with enough practice.
That's why i feel that flashcards would be easier to go over rather than pages of notes. Thank you for the advice!
Infinite Series
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That's why i feel that flashcards would be easier to go over rather than pages of notes. Thank you for the advice!
No problem. PM me anytime if you need help I'm in Y13 studying Maths, Biology and Chemistry after a strong performance at AS for these subjects.
username2199397
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is the reason why im starting to incorporate flashcards into my revision. As it will provide an excellent resource to study the content repeatedly instead of just handwritten notes on A4 paper that I'll probably never read at all.
chloesky2018
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No problem. PM me anytime if you need help I'm in Y13 studying Maths, Biology and Chemistry after a strong performance at AS for these subjects.
if i do pratice questions everyday would i get a good grade??
Infinite Series
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chloesky2018)
if i do pratice questions everyday would i get a good grade??
Of course. But ensure you learn the content before doing practise questions. That way, you'll be testing your knowledge
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (16)
11.35%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (90)
63.83%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (19)
13.48%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (13)
9.22%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (3)
2.13%

Watched Threads