The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Do you need accommodation for Goldsmiths 2018-19? Room in Surrey House Annexe

Are you attending Goldsmiths for the 2018-19 academic year and did you miss out on being allocated a room in halls?

On Saturday 22/09/2018, I moved into a room at Surrey House Annexe. The room has a single bed, a desk, shelving, reasonable sized wardrobe and en-suite shower/toilet room. The rent is £186.93 per week, paid to Campus Living Village who manage the halls on behalf of Goldsmiths.

I no longer want to stay in halls and therefore need to find somebody who wants to move into the room, so that the 'landlord' will let me out of the legally binding licence (tenancy) contract I have with them. What would happen is they cancel my licence agreement, you pay a £200 deposit to Goldsmiths, sign a licence agreement with them in your own name (which basically says you agree to live within the rules and pay the rent when it's due), I move out and you move in.

Message me your contact details or email [email protected] if you're interested in the room and would like to come and have a look, or if you're considering it but want to ask for further information.

Thanks,
Ed.

P.S. The main reason I want to leave is that I'm 28 and want to live with people my own age or older. I was told that the accommodation service try to allocate people to flats with others of similar ages, but my flatmates are 23 or under. They're all nice enough people, an interesting and diverse bunch (a Chinese girl, a South Korean Girl, Italian boy, Icelandic girl and an English girl) but I don't belong here. Also I want to live in a building with fewer other residents, there is too much sound of doors constantly opening and closing here for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending