CUSU shadowing scheme 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hd...
I can apply during year 12 right?

It says it's for Year 12, so yes...
https://cambridge.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9TXQGQ7vKdSCnfD
Original post by RavenclawOwl
At least we can be sad together :s-smilie:.
I don't know anyone who has been to uni, so I have no idea what t0 expect! I was kind of letting myself get my hopes up, which I obviously regret now - I just thought it would be so amazing...
Apparently they had loads of applicants for science though, maybe they could only let in people who fit all the criteria. I'll still apply for the summer schools, though I guess I won't get into those either!

This is really not your fault! The shadowing scheme relies on there being a student for you to shadow, and since Cambridge students, especially scientists, are really busy during term time not that many sign up. They can only accept as many people as they have students signed up to be shadowed.

Keep applying for things like this, and don’t let not being successful put you off applying to Cambridge or university in general
Original post by Doonesbury
Just to say, schemes like this are hugely popular and therefore very oversubscribed. It's actually "harder" to land a place on the scheme than getting an offer from the university...

There's usually over 2000 applicants for just over 300 places.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey guys, I got in. I applied for medicine and NatSci (my second choice) and got NatSci
I got in, but not for my first choice!!!!
Original post by Christina1930
I got in, but not for my first choice!!!!

Well done you guys!
Original post by BethTre
Hey guys, I got in. I applied for medicine and NatSci (my second choice) and got NatSci

Congrats!
i got in for medicine!
i got in but am unsure what makes me special ??
Original post by yellowduckyyy
i got in for medicine!

That’s amazing! Congratulations
Original post by yellowduckyyy
i got in for medicine!

How do you find out? Do you log onto the website or get an email? I haven't heard anything
Original post by riannon2001
How do you find out? Do you log onto the website or get an email? I haven't heard anything

If you log into the website it’s there x
Original post by hd...
Is there any college shadowing schemes taking place in Cambridge?

in my acceptance it said that people will be staying in colleges within this scheme like i’ll be staying at kings, and i’m doing hsps so that’ll be great for me
i got in!! i'm doing hsps at robinsons
Reply 33
Original post by midnightroz
i got in!! i'm doing hsps at robinsons

well done. I didn't get in due to a lack of mentors
Original post by hd...
well done. I didn't get in due to a lack of mentors

that really sucks :frown:
Reply 35
Original post by midnightroz
that really sucks :frown:

yeah...
Hey guys! I got the email today about getting in for NatSci (my first choice) at Peterhouse, I'm on week 2 from Jan 31st to Feb 2nd :smile:
I didn't get in for the CUSU Shadowing Scheme, but got an email from the LSE Student Union who have given me a student shadowing opportunity during the February half-term (for Economics):thumbsup:.
Reply 38
I got a place but I have no idea whether to accept it.. the idea of staying overnight with people I don't know away from home is really scary to me. I hate the idea of having to meet lots of new people too.
Reply 39
Original post by Yemto
I got a place but I have no idea whether to accept it.. the idea of staying overnight with people I don't know away from home is really scary to me. I hate the idea of having to meet lots of new people too.

ohhh yeah i understand if you don't want to go, i would like to take it, i applied and didnt get in unfortunately.. btw what subject did you apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending