Turn on thread page Beta

What the heck is this RSS? watch

Announcements

Ok, i use both my PC and laptop to get onto the Student room and the laptop is fine, but when I access the website on the PC, i get these red crosses in icons on the website and this RSS feeder thing.

Its really annoying but I have no idea how to take it off, anyone got any ideas?

Anybody? Rep will be given . . .

ReputationRep:
    i asked about this the other day, ctrl + F5 seemed to do the trick

Do you have a screenshot of it? Might help

ReputationRep:
    RSS feeds for TSR would be interesting. Pity it wouldn't really work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MGT_90)
    I thought they did have it? It says it above every forum/thread; I don't know what it is though so I haven't used it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MGT_90)
    Um, they've existed for ages.... I've been subscribed to the About Forum feed for nearly a year

ReputationRep:
    Are you asking what RSS actually is? If so read this and watch this.

Nooo, im not asking what it is - I just want to know how to get rid of it from my PC because I cant view the student forum properly. Al the lil icons (smiley faces) all have red x's on them - which is annoying when trying to view the site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Nooo, im not asking what it is - I just want to know how to get rid of it from my PC because I cant view the student forum properly. Al the lil icons (smiley faces) all have red x's on them - which is annoying when trying to view the site.
    like an image that doesn't load?

right click them & see what comes up.

Not sure how to get rid of them - maybe try the IE in system tools & see if they're still there.

ReputationRep:
    I have Yahoo's RSS feeds widget for several forums, delivering latest threads to my computer even when I'm not browsing TSR.

Marcus

ReputationRep:
    What browser are you using? RSS Feeds and the website are two completely different things.

you need check the aboutTSR forum. there is a stickie.
    i deleted my temp internet files. and its fixed

ReputationRep:
    RSS feeds aren't linked to by red crosses, thats when an image fails to load. RSS feeds are associated with an orange square with 3 white streaks in it.

RSS bookmark toolbar in Firefox ftw.

^^Yea I know they are completely different, but the RSS thing and the red boxes seem to of been connected. As we speak the RSS thing has gone and everything is working fine.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.