HELP !! A levels are making me stress.

Watch
Staples13
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have just started year 12 (3 weeks in ) and im feeling really stressed. Im finding it hard to keep up with the work load and i really need good a level results to do dentistry at uni. I’m doing bio chem and psychology. Our first chapter tests are coming up soon and I’m trying to write my revision notes and balance all the work we’re being set in school. I still have to make time to sit and revise for my bio chapter 1 test in about 10 days and I haven’t started yet !! Just made revision notes.
any help would be appreciated.
I'm God
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think you just need to calm down, and think everything through by making a plan.
Revising 24/7 is not the way to go in my opinion.

10 Days is more than enough for only 1 chapter.

If you can't get a very good grade for one chapter within 2 or 3 days of constant revision, you need to think about your study tactics as you may not be revising efficiently. Study hard, but study smart as well.
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can you talk to your teacher? I suggest informing them of your struggles so they can support you from day 1. Aslo, I would advice against making seperate notes for Biology. Just use a highlighter and post-it notes on your book so all the information is there. If you have extra sheets with extra reading, keep those in a folder chapter wise. I find making notes for Biology time consuming and you can spend more time learning stuff once you make notes on your book.
Rockrs
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Staples13)
I have just started year 12 (3 weeks in ) and im feeling really stressed. Im finding it hard to keep up with the work load and i really need good a level results to do dentistry at uni. I’m doing bio chem and psychology. Our first chapter tests are coming up soon and I’m trying to write my revision notes and balance all the work we’re being set in school. I still have to make time to sit and revise for my bio chapter 1 test in about 10 days and I haven’t started yet !! Just made revision notes.
Well if your feeling stressed with 3 I should feel much worse as I'm doing 5 ( haven't properly started FM though)
remybrunel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Staples13)
wow i'm second year and i do the exact same subjects as you (plus french) but i get what you mean. at first it will be a lot because its so different to gcse. for me psych was hardest because i had never done it before but you get used to it. for bio i recommend not spending too long on notes because theory for bio is only half what you need to know. the application is the harder part so do past exam questions by topic so you can test yourself and get used to the question style. also for chem id say do as much practice as you can because once you know how to do a topic, it will be easy for you since in chem theory is not that different to what you'll get asked in the exam. good luck & take a deep breath... i'm sure you got this xx
Staples13
Rep:
?
Thank you all so much ! Xx
Infinite Series
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In general for your A-Levels, it's best to do a bit of work everyday outside of school for 1-1.5 hours instead of having to put in the long hours when exams get nearer. This way, you won't end up having to cram last-minute, which should take away a lot of the stress you currently have
Staples13
Rep:
?
Thankyou
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (929)
42.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (96)
4.41%

Watched Threads