The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

The Official 2019 St Andrews Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

No Clue, but I'm an international applicant applying from a UK school- does that make a difference? I also submitted really early (September??)
Original post by SimonSD
!

Congratulations! Can I ask if you're Scottish, RUK, EU, elsewhere?

I thought we'd have to wait until after 15th January for offers, but a few are drifting through. Does anyone know why there are early offers?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by thatfatcat
No Clue, but I'm an international applicant applying from a UK school- does that make a difference? I also submitted really early (September??)

Hello! I am a US applicant that applied to St. Andrews in early October. I still haven't heard back––you're not alone! Did you check your student portal to make sure they aren't waiting for any documents (high school transcript, confirmation of A-level/AP scores)? They requested that I upload my high school transcript last week, which is probably why it's taking them so long to respond.

Anyway, I understand the frustration! I'm not sure what the hold up is, but you will hear back soon enough. Best of luck!
Reply 182
Anyone know when home/eu students will hear back(TPhys if that helps)? I'm actually a welsh student but because of a dumb loophole apparently I'm home/eu. I applied on october 4th.
Yeah, I've been considered Home/EU just because both my parents are from the EU (even though they've both lived in the UK for almost 30 years) - I was born in the UK and have lived here ever since so it's a bit unfair. Does anyone know the chance of getting an offer for Geography MA? (I have AAA predictions)
Does anyone know when the history offers will be coming out?
Original post by wolfmoon88
The department and the university cares a lot about this course (sustainability is key tenant in the uni's future plans) and therefore, it is well-run. The module coordinators are very willing to talk to students about feedback they have on the course itself and how they can improve. Feedback on coursework and advice before coursework have in general been very good especially if you do attend the lectures and read 'optional' material outside of class. In my first term, I have taken the first SD module 'What is Sustainable Development?' and introductory modules in Biology and Social Anthropology. In terms of level of offers for RUK is generally AAB-AAA I believe but you may need to check that. There are many people who take the course as an additional module but I am not particularly sure how many people are actually doing SD as a main course or joint honours course. If there are any additional questions, I would definitely answer to the best of my abilities!

Thanks for getting back to me - it all sounds positive.
Original post by Bubbergee
Does anyone know when the history offers will be coming out?

im waiting for mine as well... my friend got hers today ABB for ancient history! what are you predicted?
Original post by lmcg.3
omg where are you from? I'm a home applicant so me and my friends who have applied are probably going to have to wait a while before we hear anything

from London! I want to do just straight history but praying for a reply soon... im so impatient haha

where else have you applied to?
Original post by lmcg.3
ahh good luck!! My application is hopefully getting sent next week for economics, I'm actually so nervous ahaha

its so much pressure too haha
both my top choices are in Scotland... and neither normally give out offers until feb!
Reply 189
Anyone applying for maths?
Original post by lmcg.3
ahhh cool!! where else are you applying to?

ive applied to Edinburgh, st Andrews, Birmingham, Leicester and Southampton

ive got unconditionals from Birmingham and Leicester and an offer from Southampton!

what about you?
Original post by lmcg.3
ahhh congrats, that's amazing!! I'm applying to St Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee and Aberdeen

oh beaut! what are your predicted grades?
Original post by lmcg.3
I'm doing advanced highers because I live in scotland but I'm predicted AAA (we don't have A* here) but for my highers last year I have AAAAA, what about you?

amazing well done! im predicted AAA too
Original post by alicebennett8
im waiting for mine as well... my friend got hers today ABB for ancient history! what are you predicted?

In predicted A*A*A I’m waiting for modern history, been waiting for ever
Original post by username4365796
Course: Computer Science

Highers:

AAAAA

Predicted AH:

AAA

Not heard back yet :/

Applying for the same course with the same grades :tongue:

Let us know if you hear back!
Reply 195
I got an offer for History yesterday!! AAA
Hello everyone ,I am a French applicant that applied late October , I am so stressed .....has anyone received offers for international business yet?
Original post by RatiA
I got an offer for History yesterday!! AAA

What are your predicted grades?
Original post by Bubbergee
What are your predicted grades?

And when did you apply?
My son ( Scottish applicant) didn't get his offer for History until March ( applied in December), this wasn't that unusual, check out the 2018 Applicants thread for comparison, there seem to be some earlier than usual offers this year, maybe EU applications are down...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending