The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

The Official 2019 St Andrews Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone who’s received and accepted an unconditional offer been sent a letter or an email confirming their place? I want to open a student bank account asap but my bank says I need a letter from the uni confirming my place along with the start and end dates of my course. Just wondering if anyone knows when St. Andrews would send something like this?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
I received it yesterday. Live in madrid and got the offer a long time ago.
Original post by matthew2w
Are there any EU offer holders that have already received their offers with brochures by post? I have received my offer on 15th March and I'm still waiting for it.
yeah, biochemistry, AAB offer, including biology and chemistry,
Original post by Jeny2018
Any EU /offers for Biology?
I’m thinking about studying abroad for 3rd year, do you need to have good grades from first year to get on the programme?
Original post by A Rolling Stone
that's correct. in your first year you only need a 7 (used to be "strive for 5") which is a marginal pass and in second year you need an 11 (a marginal lower second). but the reality is if you are looking for summer internships you need to be getting good grades from the start - as long as you choose suitable subjects for yourself (eg. not maths if you are bad at it) and do a decent amount of work, you shouldn't find any problems
Original post by lilyvg
I’m thinking about studying abroad for 3rd year, do you need to have good grades from first year to get on the programme?

yes you do... but if you are a St Andrews-calibre student and work reasonably hard (nothing extreme, just what you'd expect from a degree) you should expect 2:1 grades in your first year at the minimum
Original post by lilyvg

https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/students/study-abroad/where/eligibility/ this is the page about what you need to be able to go on study abroad. It sounds like the grades needed depend on where you're wanting to go, but the main places need 13.5 average.
Thank you! X
Original post by la_banane_verte
https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/students/study-abroad/where/eligibility/ this is the page about what you need to be able to go on study abroad. It sounds like the grades needed depend on where you're wanting to go, but the main places need 13.5 average.
Original post by owl_11
Has anyone who’s received and accepted an unconditional offer been sent a letter or an email confirming their place? I want to open a student bank account asap but my bank says I need a letter from the uni confirming my place along with the start and end dates of my course. Just wondering if anyone knows when St. Andrews would send something like this?

I saw something saying it can take up to 48hours to go through properly
@lilyvg You need a 13.5/20 in the subject you intend you take to honours (i.e. what you applied for). A 13.5 is achievable if you put the work in, if you study a reasonable amount and don't leave things last minute it's not difficult. Although, most people that do apply for a study abroad year in St Andrews have 15.1/20 and they are generally pretty competitive programs with few places for each partner university every year.
Hope you received your offer! I’m also an EU student who got accepted for management x
Original post by marina.perret
Any EU offers/rejections for Management??
Got my offer from St. Andrews for a Masters yesterday 😍 I’m kinda worried I won’t find accommodation because I’m an EU student and I’m not sure if we’re guaranteed postgraduate accommodation. Anyone got any tips?
Original post by Tigermaris
Got my offer from St. Andrews for a Masters yesterday 😍 I’m kinda worried I won’t find accommodation because I’m an EU student and I’m not sure if we’re guaranteed postgraduate accommodation. Anyone got any tips?

I would contact the University to ask them
They’ve just built a Designated Halls for Post graduates. Looks really nice!
Original post by jennifer.57
I would contact the University to ask them
Original post by Tigermaris

Put your application for accomm in as soon as possible! you're not committing to anything if you put in an application, so if you don't like what they offer you can always turn it down and look elsewhere.
Has anyone with a history offer from St. Andrews received a reduced offer since?
No, my original offer was 3 A’s. What was yours?
Original post by Felix_gralton
No, my original offer was 3 A’s. What was yours?

Mine too but a friend has received a reduced offer recently of ABB
Original post by Bubbergee

Oh wow - your friend is lucky 😂
Original post by Bubbergee

Your friend might have been flagged as meeting a criteria for reduced entry requirements. SIMD/English IMD, low progression school, etc.
Original post by colonelsheep
if im an international student that hasn't recieved an offer yet am i screwed? :s-smilie:

i applied for joint honours computer science/philosophy, if that helps...

Hey, I applied for CompSci and Philosophy too! Did you get an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending