Turn on thread page Beta

Accepted but want to do a different course!.. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Ok here the story..

I have been accepted into University on a Psychology and Counselling course. Although after some thinking I don't want to do Psychology!!?! Why I even applied is a mystery!!:eek:

I have an A Level and Performance studies and similar subjects, I have spent a year travelling and entertaining in Rhodes.

When I returned I was thinking I had to grow up and get qualifications to get a 'proper' job so applied to do Psychology (obviously I do have an interest in this subject and the plan was to do become either a school counsellor or sexual health worker) I now want to get back into performance and have seen a great musical theatre degree.

It is obviosuly too late to apply again to a different University for a different course, and the uni I will be attending doesn't do a musical theatre degree.....Soo the question is do I go to do Psychology just to try it out..Or do I take out another year attending dance and music classes then apply next year..........?!

Helpful sugestions please!!

Thanks!! x

ReputationRep:
    Try clearing or extra or whatever it is they call it. There might be a few places left on the other course. If not, you might as well have another year off. There's no point speding money and time on a course you won't be truly happy with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donnaxx1)
    Hi Guys,

Ok here the story..

I have been accepted into University on a Psychology and Counselling course. Although after some thinking I don't want to do Psychology!!?! Why I even applied is a mystery!!:eek:

I have an A Level and Performance studies and similar subjects, I have spent a year travelling and entertaining in Rhodes.

Helpful sugestions please!!

Thanks!! x
    MAy I join you in Rhodes?

You could, come August, reject your offer. You are then effectively withdrawing from UCAS.

You can then reapply during your year out. This could be difficult though, if you're planning on being abroad for most of it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes come along!

I won't be spending most of it abroad just a few months..

Thanks so far!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Can't you withdraw or cancel your application and then apply through extra, like now? I'm sure you could get a place and defer it if you were planning another year out.

My advice would be to go to ucas.com do a course search for performing arts or what is is you want to do then see what unis are in extra (they have an x next to them in the course search results), then email/phone ones you like and check whether they're still accepting applications and how they would stand on yours... et voila!

ReputationRep:
    THANK YOU!! Great help!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.