A-level Physics Vector Questions Watch

Chikorita00
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
How to find the magnitude and direction of the forces acting on an moving object?

Would be really appreciated for the helps, I did double-award science for gcses, and now I find physics quite hard and I feels like I lost the bridges connecting gcse physics to a-level physics. Thanks so much in advance.
Last edited by Chikorita00; 5 months ago
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
abbeygyal23
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
OMG finally someone else who finds physics hard I did double award igcse got an A its hard because it just is I feel so dumb in my class I do maths and find it easy and everyone keeps saying I should find physics easy like if you don't do the subject shut up.Justin craig revision course really helps and youtube vids.I might be able to help but what is the question
abbeygyal23
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Jade2002)
How to find the magnitude and direction of the forces acting on an moving object?

Would be really appreciated for the helps, I did double-award science for gcses, and now I find physics quite hard and I feels like I lost the bridges connecting gcse physics to a-level physics. Thanks so much in advance.
Hey jade if this is for vectors I guess you just treat it like maths so you either use pythagros or SOH CAH TOA hope this helps don't forget your arrows. I find physics impossible idk why im doing it
Chikorita00
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by abbeygyal23)
OMG finally someone else who finds physics hard I did double award igcse got an A its hard because it just is I feel so dumb in my class I do maths and find it easy and everyone keeps saying I should find physics easy like if you don't do the subject shut up.Justin craig revision course really helps and youtube vids.I might be able to help but what is the question
SAME I'm good at maths but some parts of physics aren't relatable to maths at. all. Physics was alright to me at gcse but now I literally don't understand it at all.... Strugggling... Thanks for telling me about the revision course! What subjects are you doing?
Gayheuu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Vectors is maths.. its not that hard. If you know AB and BC, the resultant is AC. You can use basic trig to work out the angles and magnitude.
Chikorita00
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Gayheuu)
Vectors is maths.. its not that hard. If you know AB and BC, the resultant is AC. You can use basic trig to work out the angles and magnitude.
Thanks
Eimmanuel
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Jade2002)

You are asking a general question.

The answer to your question depends on how the forces act on the moving object.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_TnqKX5ybY&t=559s
The above video would explain how to add vector components and find the resultant vector. As force is a vector quantity, the rule of adding force components will follow.
abbeygyal23
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Late reply sorry I do maths physics economics and Spanish but im about to drop spanish what subjects do you do ?

Original post by Chikorita00)SAME I'm good at maths but some parts of physics aren't relatable to maths at. all. Physics was alright to me at gcse but now I literally don't understand it at all.... Strugggling... Thanks for telling me about the revision course! What subjects are you doing?
abbeygyal23
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maths physics economics and Spanish what do you do?Im about to drop Spanish I’m so tired of jt
Chikorita00
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Late reply sorry I do maths physics economics and Spanish but im about to drop spanish what subjects do you do ?

Original post by Chikorita00)SAME I'm good at maths but some parts of physics aren't relatable to maths at. all. Physics was alright to me at gcse but now I literally don't understand it at all.... Strugggling... Thanks for telling me about the revision course! What subjects are you doing?
Hey I’m doing 4 subject too - Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Art. Weird combination I know xD
I’m thinking about dropping Further Maths it’s too hard ugh
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
abbeygyal23
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Wow further maths I heard that’s really hard you must be very smart but I hear you get through content quicker so tha should be very useful
Chikorita00
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Wow further maths I heard that’s really hard you must be very smart but I hear you get through content quicker so tha should be very useful
haha thanks yeah we'll be covering the two years maths course in the first year and then do further maths stuff in the second year so if I droped at the end of year 12, Maths would be so much easier in year 13
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.66%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.24%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (93)
14.58%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.87%
How can I be the best version of myself? (192)
30.09%

Watched Threads