Turn on thread page Beta

random question again for girls watch

• View Poll Results: How much does she want me?
    Not much. It's common for girls to do such things.
    44.35%
    Hard to tell, she obviously is attracted to you in some way.
    35.65%
    Desparately. She loves me.
    20.00%

ReputationRep:
    Girls can be flirtous but what happens when one talks (while standing) with her legs crossed very far apart (i.e left leg on right side and vice versa as if to gain balance but the floor is dead flat so balance shouldn't be an issue) and also using both hands to play with her hair? Obviously she is flirting but is that too much?

Probably just her personality? This dosen't mean she desparately wants me does she? Please don't make fun of me again. I like to analyse these things. I find them fascanating. As Albert Einstein said, one can live as if nothing is a miracle or as if everything is a miracle. Like it or not, I live the latter.

Have you done such a thing? If so why and in what situation?

I'd like girls only to vote please.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, does sound like quite a provocative pose to me.

ReputationRep:
    You'll never get with a girl if you keep analysing every little thing she does, christ.

ReputationRep:
    It means she wants your babies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i am a duck)
    You'll never get with a girl if you keep analysing every little thing she does, christ.
    Ok, I accept that. This one I'm actually not that attracted to. Just like to know more about the body langauge of girls.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she was flirting with you but I don't think that can necessarily translate to disparately wanting you.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously it's something you should only really think about in the back of your mind because its not a black and white thing.

ReputationRep:
    she may like you or she may have been bored, i tend to play with my hair when i'm bored i once plaited pigtails whilst talking to a person through sheer boredom (i have very long hair so it's just something i do) what was strange is i don't think that they didn't noticed

ReputationRep:
    why are u some kind of a perv. man i would seriosuly like to warn the girl and others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgt)
    Ok, I accept that. This one I'm actually not that attracted to. Just like to know more about the body langauge of girls.
    it justs sounds creepy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgt)
    one talks (while standing) with her legs crossed very far apart (i.e left leg on right side and vice versa as if to gain balance but the floor is dead flat so balance shouldn't be an issue)
    That ounds like she really needs the toilet...sorry, but it does.

i've done this before...it could be either way.
    It'll either be flirting, or nerves. Sometimes i'm just like that when i'm bored.
    But even if it is flirting doesn't mean she's head over heels with you, i flirt with loads of people(without realising it, that's just me), including my female friends. Although again if it's nerves then it could be nerves 'cause she likes you.
    Seriously, i wouldn't over-analyse us, we're very complex, and you'll never get it 100% right.

ReputationRep:
    I know a guy who overanalyses everything that girls do and tries to figure out the more 'mysterious' ones. We all find him highly irritating. Just lighten up!

ReputationRep:
    It's not creepy, just stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgt)
    You do realise that things like that aren't done consciously? If she's giggling at all your jokes, sidling up to you, touching you a lot, then you can be pretty sure she's flirting consciously.

Crossing her legs and playing with her hair isn't exactly a dead set thing that she's knowingly flirting - she may not realise she's doing it at all. I do things like that all the time and I know there's evidence to suggest fiddling with her hair means a girl's flirting, but I mess with my hair constantly and I don't see it as flirtatious at ALL (even though apparently I flirt without realising it).

HOWEVER crossing her legs usually means the exact opposite if she's subconsciously flirting via body language - she's sending pretty mixed signals with the leg crossing. It closes the body off, and it isn't usually seen as an inviting pose.

I wouldn't trust analysing body language that subtle as a way to tell if a girl likes you or is flirting.

That's another thing - flirting and liking you enough to date you are not the same thing. At all.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    GIVE IT UP!! Stop posting about every tiny little detail about the way someone is standing or sitting. We are not going to be able to give you magical answers. If you like the girl, ask her out, if you don't, then why are you posting? Christ.

why dont you just ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    GIVE IT UP!! Stop posting about every tiny little detail about the way someone is standing or sitting. We are not going to be able to give you magical answers. If you like the girl, ask her out, if you don't, then why are you posting? Christ.
    Thank god someone said it first.

If you want to learn about body language do a bloody course, your constant threads are getting annoying- really annoying. You're doing little more than making yourself sound like a complete weirdo.
    None of us are body language experts and none of us can read the girls mind, therefore there is little point in asking.

Why is everyone getting so angry? So many sense of humour failures here... Just tick the third option and be done with it.

ReputationRep:
    she wants to eat a sandwich ... duh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Why is everyone getting so angry? So many sense of humour failures here... Just tick the third option and be done with it.
    cause girls hate weirdos. This is shown through their eyes reducing 50% in height, folded arms and grinding of teeth. Some have even been known to growl. This is learnt by constant analysis of the body language of angry girls of which 10 credit points are awarded in the new university of buckinghamshire.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.