Law students; how many hours of sleep do you get? Watch

username3917068
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Lying in bed typing this while the law group chat is blowing up...feel like sleep is the last thing I should be doing.

How many hours of sleep did you get on average (exam & non-exam season) as a law undergraduate across the years? I understand it varies between individuals but I’m still curious.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JamieK03)
Lying in bed typing this while the law group chat is blowing up...feel like sleep is the last thing I should be doing.

How many hours of sleep did you get on average (exam & non-exam season) as a law undergraduate across the years? I understand it varies between individuals but I’m still curious.
Your work-life balance doesn't sound too great, if I'm being honest.

I used to get a normal night's sleep. I treated my degree like a job, and did roughly 9-5 for five days a week. Some weeks a bit more, some weeks a bit less depending on the workload and other commitments during the week like games and so forth. I never worked in the evenings, and certainly didn't feel 'bad' for not working every minute of the day.
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

7 hours

why on earth is your law chat blowing up in late September

# of hours of sleep is the worst way of measuring anything
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
4-6 hours when it was hot.

It is a bad move, though. You need your sleep to make sure you're at peak performance. And you need to do other things to make sure you look at your work with fresh eyes, and generally for your mental well-being.
username3917068
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
Your work-life balance doesn't sound too great, if I'm being honest.

I used to get a normal night's sleep. I treated my degree like a job, and did roughly 9-5 for five days a week. Some weeks a bit more, some weeks a bit less depending on the workload and other commitments during the week like games and so forth. I never worked in the evenings, and certainly didn't feel 'bad' for not working every minute of the day.
Lol, not even going to argue with that. I think it's mostly my commitments that are draining me out, really overestimated myself. Came back from a meeting at 9:30pm and everyone else's basically halfway through the reading.

(Original post by JohanGRK)
7 hours

why on earth is your law chat blowing up in late September

# of hours of sleep is the worst way of measuring anything
They keen little freshers. And one person found the lecturer 'fit'.
username3917068
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notoriety)
4-6 hours when it was hot.

It is a bad move, though. You need your sleep to make sure you're at peak performance. And you need to do other things to make sure you look at your work with fresh eyes, and generally for your mental well-being.
PRSOM but duly noted.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
oh ffs...

Give them a few hours of Land Law...they'll think differently.
username3917068
Rep:
?
oh ffs...

Give them a few hours of Land Law...they'll think differently.
Thank you for making me smile at 12am. We were warned by 2 lecturers about it today, is it really that bad?
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
30 minutes
username3917068
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rainfall)
30 minutes
U obv not working hard enough then
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lol, not even going to argue with that. I think it's mostly my commitments that are draining me out, really overestimated myself. Came back from a meeting at 9:30pm and everyone else's basically halfway through the reading.

Are you a first-year law student?

Edit: There's nothing wrong with being a creepy sex-deprived law student who latches onto anyone who's even remotely attractive x
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for making me smile at 12am. We were warned by 2 lecturers about it today, is it really that bad?
Some people actually like it. It’s very ‘boxy’ if you know what I mean. In other words, it’s boring as fūck. But we all have to do it. It’s often a good time to have a little sleep behind your hair (mainly girls only) or get that Ocado shop finished.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Edit: There's nothing wrong with being a creepy sex-deprived law student who latches onto anyone who's even remotely attractive x
Lol I feel you’re giving more away there than you really want to
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lol I feel you’re giving more away there than you really want to
username3917068
Rep:
?

First yr in UK, 2nd yr back at my old uni.

And u are absolutely correct, law students are humans too. Who am I to judge.

Some people actually like it. It’s very ‘boxy’ if you know what I mean. In other words, it’s boring as fūck. But we all have to do it. It’s often a good time to have a little sleep behind your hair (mainly girls only) or get that Ocado shop finished.
Getting all the pro tips on TSR today, will keep this in mind.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aye, found 80% of land incredibly boring. Easements, leases, covenants were all pretty straightforward.

Mortgages, adverse and constructive trusts are bad, bad, bad. Nope. I didn't touch CT for equity either.
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aye, found 80% of land incredibly boring. Easements, leases, covenants were all pretty straightforward.

Mortgages, adverse and constructive trusts are bad, bad, bad. Nope. I didn't touch CT for equity either.
constructive trusts are literally the sexiest bit in equity tho

(said Johan the r*tard as he realised that he was reading some article on CTs at 2:23 am on the Monday before term had even begun)
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
constructive trusts are literally the sexiest bit in equity tho

(said Johan the r*tard as he realised that he was reading some article on CTs at 2:23 am on the Monday before term had even begun)
The fact it was on about wives contributing to family homes (as an intro) was enough to put me off.

I did a little about the wider role of unconscionability which included CT, but tbh I don't think I even read the CT chapter in me textbook
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The fact it was on about wives contributing to family homes (as an intro) was enough to put me off.

I did a little about the wider role of unconscionability which included CT, but tbh I don't think I even read the CT chapter in me textbook
tbf I didn't do any theory on my first run through equity so it was just a matter of knowing what the law said and where it was a wee bit uncertain

now I'm regretting it

**** Birks btw
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
tbf I didn't do any theory on my first run through equity so it was just a matter of knowing what the law said and where it was a wee bit uncertain

now I'm regretting it

**** Birks btw
Aye, I think that "facts" to principle approach wastes too much time. Should be all principle. I personally never did too much of unjust, until master's -- probably should go over that (and CT) before I lose me westlaw sub.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed