Turn on thread page Beta

Eu Student funding for England watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm a bit confused on my situation, do I as an Republic of Ireland citizen qualify for any Student loans in England?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi

Students who are Republic of Ireland (ROI) nationals must be ordinarily resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course and be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of the course to be eligible to qualify for a full package of support from SFE.

ROI nationals can also apply for Tuition Fee Loan only support as EU students if they have been resident in the EEA or Switzerland for 3 or more years prior to the start of their course. Tuition Fees are funded by the UK government and will be paid to their university or college by the Student Loans Company.

Finally, ROI nationals who wish to apply for the full package of support but do not meet the residency criteria of 3 years in the UK can apply as a Migrant Worker.

The EEA MW team assess students who do not meet the required standard eligibility requirements but the student or their EU/EEA family member are working in the UK. The student must be:
    • EU/EEA or Swiss National (or family member of)
    • Lawfully resident in the EU/EEA for at least 3 years prior to the start of their course
    • Ordinary resident in England or Wales on the first day of the first academic year of their course
    • They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/Child or grandchild must be working throughout the students studies
    • They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/grandchild must receive wages for this work but can also have ‘pocket money’ for voluntary work i.e. Au Pair
    • This work must be effective, genuine and not of a scale which would be considered marginal or ancillary

Thanks
    Gerard

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.