The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Accounting and Finance opinions wanted

Hi ppl, i've heard many different opinions on warwick as a community and as a place for secondary education. So far what i haven't a firm idea on is the quality of the course i was accepted for (look at title). Anywayz i am hoping that someone who is taking or had taken the course could give me their views about it since rankings from different sources don't seem to be enough to give me a gd idea?? thanks a lot.:biggrin:
Reply 1
Well it's one of the best acc/fin programmes, along with LSE. You do acc/fin modules but also have other type modules as well, either core or as options (economics, marketing, organisational behaviour, strategy, quants etc). It's a very good programme if you enjoy it. I don't understand why they ask for maths a-level though, when people from other degrees within the business school can take exactly the same modules without a-level maths.

In terms of Warwick as whole, look through the other threads and consider visiting. It's a great university but the lifestyle isn't for everyone. Where else do you hold offers from?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Hey thanks :smile:

yeah i know what you mean abt the maths aspect... but hey i'm kind of a maths person so it doesn't bug me hehe.

And well this is my only offers heh:frown: , my mistake for applying to all top uni's. But then again its not like i would consider anything lower since i do have my backups from other country's tops so np there.

just wondering too but, plus_one, do u think the acc/fin course is hard
Reply 3
Not really, as long as you get the basics and stay on top of things you should be fine.
Reply 4
It helps to have done accounting/finance or business or economics at A Level, but alot of the modules are common (not all of em tho) and I believe you get options in year 1.

Latest