Insure the box or tesco black box?

Watch
abbiclark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm looking at insuring my 58 reg mini and these two are the cheapest. However both having black boxes I want to know if the fact I drive at night regularly coming home from work at 10-11:30ish will affect the score/price? It says no curfew but surely it won't like it!
Meg1458
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I had the Tesco black box and honestly, driving late at night was no problem.
I work as a waitress which means I often left after 10:30. For Tesco, you get up to 100 bonus miles every month, with the better drivers scoring higher. Even though I regularly drove after ‘curfew’ I still achieved over 90 bonus miles a month.
The curfew on Tesco isn’t actually a curfew, it’s a recommendation as most crashes occur after this time.
abbiclark
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Meg1458)
I had the Tesco black box and honestly, driving late at night was no problem.
I work as a waitress which means I often left after 10:30. For Tesco, you get up to 100 bonus miles every month, with the better drivers scoring higher. Even though I regularly drove after ‘curfew’ I still achieved over 90 bonus miles a month.
The curfew on Tesco isn’t actually a curfew, it’s a recommendation as most crashes occur after this time.
Is there an app to see how you’re doing?
Meg1458
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by abbiclark)Is there an app to see how you’re doing?
Yeah, you’re given a login to an online portal which updates every month
nonotyoutoo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Neither. Do not buy black box. I would rather not drive at all than have my driving tracked every second.
cbaforcba
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wish people would stop asking about black boxes, just pay abit more and get it without blackbox, trust me I was in the same boat, basically got my first car 6 months ago, with blackbox insurance was 1.2K without it was 1.9K, I had to save up a couple £100 so I could get it without, it really is a bad thing to buy, you constantly feel under pressure
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cbaforcba)
I wish people would stop asking about black boxes, just pay abit more and get it without blackbox, trust me I was in the same boat, basically got my first car 6 months ago, with blackbox insurance was 1.2K without it was 1.9K, I had to save up a couple £100 so I could get it without, it really is a bad thing to buy, you constantly feel under pressure
I agree.
Black boxes are **** and i wouldnt touch one with a bargepole.
cbaforcba
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
I agree.
Black boxes are **** and i wouldnt touch one with a bargepole.
Hahaha, I agree, it just annoys me when people constantly ask questions about them when literally 90% of TSR learning to drive TSR posts end up saying to not get a blackbox
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hahaha, I agree, it just annoys me when people constantly ask questions about them when literally 90% of TSR learning to drive TSR posts end up saying to not get a blackbox
They should be banned in my opinion
cbaforcba
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
They should be banned in my opinion
AGREED!!!
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just read all the other box threads, I'll skip to the short answer - don't do it.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tell me about it 🙄
Yasadan
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by abbiclark)
I'm looking at insuring my 58 reg mini and these two are the cheapest. However both having black boxes I want to know if the fact I drive at night regularly coming home from work at 10-11:30ish will affect the score/price? It says no curfew but surely it won't like it!
I’m certain Tesco and insure the box is the same company or part of. I’m with Tesco (with a black box) and payed for bonus miles only to find out the money I paid went to insure the box.
xDron3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Yasadan)
I’m certain Tesco and insure the box is the same company or part of. I’m with Tesco (with a black box) and payed for bonus miles only to find out the money I paid went to insure the box.
This is true.

All Tesco black box policies are administered by ITB
eya-nit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did they ask for you licence number because I’ve just got insurance with mine but the licence I’ve reordered hasn’t arrived yet
UrBusted
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lol? Some people can't get non black box policies
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by UrBusted)
Lol? Some people can't get non black box policies
What a load of crap.
UrBusted
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
What a load of crap.
I can't get it on the A3 1.6 I have learners insurance on, for the Golf 1.0 I was meant to get they offered 6k for non blackbox and for a Polo 1.0 they offered 4.5k, compared to the 1.8-4k quotes I got for with blackbox, 4k being for the A3.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by UrBusted)
I can't get it on the A3 1.6 I have learners insurance on, for the Golf 1.0 I was meant to get they offered 6k for non blackbox and for a Polo 1.0 they offered 4.5k, compared to the 1.8-4k quotes I got for with blackbox, 4k being for the A3.
Pick a different car then.
UrBusted
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Pick a different car then.
looolll but i don't want a different car, you said its 'a load of crap' about not being able to get a blackbox, i was showing why its not
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (74)
64.91%
I don't have everything I need (40)
35.09%

Watched Threads