Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Kilburn, Kentish Town, Finsbury, Holloway, Islington, Shoreditch, even near Holborn. Any info on these areas and whether they are affordable?

ReputationRep:
    Kilburn would be the most affordable out of the areas you have mentioned. Islington and Shoreditch are more central hence more expensive, Finsbury park tends to be slightly pricey due to good transport links. Kentish Town, I don't know alot but I would guess costing more than Kilburn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy_1989)
    Kilburn would be the most affordable out of the areas you have mentioned. Islington and Shoreditch are more central hence more expensive, Finsbury park tends to be slightly pricey due to good transport links. Kentish Town, I don't know alot but I would guess costing more than Kilburn.
    Is Kilburn a big Irish/Polish area? Is it nice?

ReputationRep:
    Affordable? Well that depends on your personal budget really. We don't know how much money you got therefore how are we meant to say whether it's affordable or not. I'd say south east london is the cheapest but obviously not the nicest. Shoreditch maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropicalcoconuts3)
    Affordable? Well that depends on your personal budget really.
    Let's say about 270k for a house for me and a gf maybe kids one day.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    findaproperty.com

IE. Kilburn three bedroom houses average £708,404
    http://www.findaproperty.com/areadet...=0&areaid=0205

ReputationRep:
    Those area's you listed arnt affordable, just **** holes full of estates and crime, even so, because its London £270,000 wont buy you a house there, unless its incredibly run down.

ReputationRep:
    Holborn's bang centre of town, NOT affordable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    findaproperty.com

IE. Kilburn three bedroom houses average £708,404
    http://www.findaproperty.com/areadet...=0&areaid=0205
    No, that's including Hampstead. That explains it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bear_Grylls)
    Those area's you listed arnt affordable, just **** holes full of estates and crime, even so, because its London £270,000 wont buy you a house there, unless its incredibly run down.
    Are you sure you aren't exaggerating crime. I know people who live in Stoke Newington and East Finchley with no problems at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Is Kilburn a big Irish/Polish area? Is it nice?
    I think it is fairly mixed, fair number of Black people and I have seen Jewish people in the area as well.

ReputationRep:
    Oh what are Greenwich and Dartford like?

ReputationRep:
    No, that's including Hampstead. That explains it.
    I was going to say the same thing!

ReputationRep:
    Oh what are Greenwich and Dartford like?
    Greenwich is a nice area with a few fair new developments coming up, more on the pricey side. Dartford, don't know alot bout the place but it has to be cheaper than Greenwich. Not close to the heart of London but worth looking into.

ReputationRep:
    Some parts of greenwich are nice, especially the bit nearer the cutty sark. It's a big borough though, and some parts aren't as nice. Dartford makes me cry.

ReputationRep:
    kentish town will be pretty expensive, kilburn is big irish/polish as somebody above said. to be honest, anywhere in london can be cheap or expensive. theres no fixed prices per area, just look and youll find something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bear_Grylls)
    ehem! ^not true!!! the places mentioned are some of the most expensive seeing as theyre quite central and i have no problems with those areas..id say kilburn!

ReputationRep:
    Avoid Dartford if possible, its not nice. Look at Kilburn, if you research enough I think you will find an affordable property.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you aren't exaggerating crime. I know people who live in Stoke Newington and East Finchley with no problems at all.
    I live 2 minutes away from East Finchley, East Finchley is one of the more expensive areas in London, its a couple minutes away from Muswell Hill and Hampstead, and has Bishops Avenue ! where every house there is £1M+. Compared to the rest of London, its fair to say Islington is significantly higher, in one of them programs saying the best and worst places to live in the UK, i think the borough of Islington was either 1ST worst or 4TH. and a couple surrounding areas like Camden was near the top of the worst areas to live. You'd be better off getting a flat in a nice area, imo. £270,000 would get you a 2bed flat in Muswell Hill

ReputationRep:
    Peckham and New Cross unfortunately. Londons shockinglly expensive

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.