Turn on thread page Beta

why would anyone pick a 360 over a ps3 watch

ReputationRep:
    i know this thread will probably descend into another fanboy quagmire but i dont really care.
    someone explain this to me.
    ps3: wifi,
    built in blu-ray(winner)
    free online: the only thing missing is ingame xmb which is coming this summer,
    you can buy any harddrive which can be very cheap.
    extremely reliable,
    very quiet.
    games: the argument is dead now. the ps3 lineup is now very good, it gets all the third party games, some great exclusives coming up. for 299 is a awesome bargain

360: you have to buy the wifi(expensive)
    you cant buy any harddrive except the microsoft one(expensive),
    you pay for online(whY)
    IF YOU WANT TO WATCH HIGH DEFINITION MOVIES you have to download it from the store, and it only only lasts 24hrs. and the quality is no where near blu-ray and no extras.
    extremely unreliable, probably the worst built console of all time.
    very noisy( how people get to watch movies on that that loud thing astonishes me)

so looking at these anyone tell me why on earth you will buy the 360 over the ps3?
    oh and one last thing, most of the 360 exclusives always turn up on the pc. gears, mass effect, halo 3 is definetely coming to pc.
    i'm not trying to cause argument but the ps3 at the moment is extremely favourable over the 360. value wise you get so much out of the box compared to the 360 its ridiculous.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Personal preference? Some people really dislike Sony!

ReputationRep:
    get a ps3 they are better ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    Still has better games, Still has better online play, Multimedia streaming from windows computer, Halo 3 and Gears if War.

PC gamers prefer the 360 usually because it has similar games without having to buy expensive hardware.

ReputationRep:
    Personal preference.
    Some people really hate Microsoft/Sony, and love the other.

ReputationRep:
    Just for reference I don't own any of the consoles, but i sometimes play my brothers Wii, Guitar Hero III and Mario Kart are the only games I play on a console lol.

ReputationRep:
    360 was cheaper, online is still just about better, more of my friends are on 360, haven't had any problems with 360's reliability (yet), wireless would be great but my LAN cable reaches it so no biggy.
    But I agree with some of your points, the blu-ray drive and free online would be better but as I said, 360 was cheaper when I bought it. Oh and please to be justifying the loss of backwards compatibility in the newer PS3 models?
    If I had the money, I'd have a PS3, but for that money I bought an HD TV.

ReputationRep:
    Also the premium 360 can be bought for £190, and £200 with gta IV from play.

It depends what you need in a console.
    If I were to buy one now I may buy the PS3 because of the fact blu ray has now won so it would be a useful hd player/games console

But for just games, I would probably go for the 360, I have no need for wireless, I have a router wired up to my computer in my room, I prefer XBOX Live due to the friends list and msn integration on the 360 dash, and a lot of the games can be bought cheaply now as well as the console.

ReputationRep:
    Backwards compatibility is really not all that important nowadays. The only games I played using my PS3s backwards compatibility were PES 6 and FFXII. Not playing PES 6 any longer as I have PES 2008 for PS3 and I've completed FFXII now. Highly unlikely that I will need the backwards compatibility of my PS3 again...

How many of you play Xbox games on the Xbox 360?

ReputationRep:
    360 is cheaper isn't it? Are the games cheaper? (i don't really know) These always this to consider

ReputationRep:
    I'm fed up of people broadcasting blu-player as the underlying argument of why PS3 is better how many blu ray films do people own at the moment, I know the market is still a lot bigger for DVD format at the moment.
    By the time blu ray discs become main stream dedicated blu ray players will also have dropped in price.

At the moment 360 is near enough half the price too which is a big factor why some people will opt for a 360.

ReputationRep:
    First of all...
    (Original post by squiffy the mule)
    games: the argument is dead now. the ps3 lineup is now very good, it gets all the third party games, some great exclusives coming up.
    What line-up? And you're not allowed to include Metal Gear Solid Yawn or Final Fantasy n+1 in it.

Secondly, there are X360 exclusive titles that haven't/won't come out for the PC. Without thinking, I can name you Dead Rising and Crackdown as two very good examples.

Thirdly, why would people choose an X360 over a PS3? Easy. It's cheaper, for one. Although, yes, you do have to pay £40 a year for the Gold subscription, the online service is far superior for the X360, and so is worth the £3.33 a month. It has a larger games catelogue, and is guaranteed to run every game available for it, as opposed to games on the PC which may require you to spend a few hundred pounds to upgrade your hardware (to oppose the "the games all come out on the PC" argument)

Fourthly, there isn't enough difference between Blu-Ray and DVD to justify the price difference (I'm talking strictly movies here). Oh yes, the image may be a little sharper, but I would be, as well as most likely the vast, vast majority of the public, just as happy to keep watching from DVDs. The HD Movie download service isn't supposed to be a substitute. It's more of a rental service. Pay a little to see a film. If you like it, then you'll be all the more comfortable buying it. And there are ways around the 24 hour limit. And for the record, NO I DONT WANT TO WATCH HIGH DEFINITION MOVIES and I hope you realise this last bit is a bit of a piss-take.

Fifthly, unreliable and the worst console ever built? While I'll admit, yes, the X360 has it's hardware faults, which are being corrected, I seem to remember plenty of people who have owned consoles from both companies saying the PS2 was far worse. And I'm far more likely to take the word of my peers than some nobody on a forum trying to start a flame war. And, for every little mistake someone makes, Sony make a huge colossal one. I'm honestly waiting for the first reports of nuclear explosions caused by PS3s. It cant be long now until one does it.

And lastly, yes you were trying to start an argument. You're so very transparent. So please buzz off.

ReputationRep:
    get a PC lol,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    First of all...

Secondly, there are X360 exclusive titles that haven't/won't come out for the PC. Without thinking, I can name you Dead Rising and Crackdown as two very good examples.

Thirdly, why would people choose an X360 over a PS3? Easy. It's cheaper, for one. Although, yes, you do have to pay £40 a year for the Gold subscription, the online service is far superior for the X360, and so is worth the £3.33 a month. It has a larger games catelogue, and is guaranteed to run every game available for it, as opposed to games on the PC which may require you to spend a few hundred pounds to upgrade your hardware (to oppose the "the games all come out on the PC" argument)

Fourthly, there isn't enough difference between Blu-Ray and DVD to justify the price difference (I'm talking strictly movies here). Oh yes, the image may be a little sharper, but I would be, as well as most likely the vast, vast majority of the public, just as happy to keep watching from DVDs. The HD Movie download service isn't supposed to be a substitute. It's more of a rental service. Pay a little to see a film. If you like it, then you'll be all the more comfortable buying it. And there are ways around the 24 hour limit. And for the record, NO I DONT WANT TO WATCH HIGH DEFINITION MOVIES and I hope you realise this last bit is a bit of a piss-take.

Fifthly, unreliable and the worst console ever built? While I'll admit, yes, the X360 has it's hardware faults, which are being corrected, I seem to remember plenty of people who have owned consoles from both companies saying the PS2 was far worse. And I'm far more likely to take the word of my peers than some nobody on a forum trying to start a flame war. And, for every little mistake someone makes, Sony make a huge colossal one. I'm honestly waiting for the first reports of nuclear explosions caused by PS3s. It cant be long now until one does it.

And lastly, yes you were trying to start an argument. You're so very transparent. So please buzz off.
    Never mind the fact you have insulted my most anticipated game of the year (metal gear solid 4)

I'm just gonna say one thing:

Gears of War, Mass Effect, Bioshock are all ported on the PC, as do most games which come out on the 360, so they are not really exclusive.

Plus is it true that if you don't play the online fee you cant play ANY GAME ONLINE?

I prefer PS3, but I've heard that the 360 has much better online gaming (albeit at a price).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Final Fantasy n+1 in it.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    I'd buy a 360 because it has exclusive games that interest me and an awesome online service. I find achievements a bit addictive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    How many of you play Xbox games on the Xbox 360?
    Halo
    Halo 2
    GTA: San Andreas
    Mercenaries
    KOTOR2

Yeah, I do a bit...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    I'd buy a 360 because it has exclusive games that interest me and an awesome online service. I find achievements a bit addictive
    I dont like achievements because they make me feel i suck at the game lulz

you getting fable 2 estel? or is it ninja gaiden 2 and gears 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callipygian)
    360 is cheaper isn't it? Are the games cheaper? (i don't really know) These always this to consider

The irony of the misspelling of accurate...

OP: who cares

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.