Is the Personal Statement Checker on Medify worth it?

Watch
alevelhelpxoxo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i am asking this because i havent recived much help from my school with my statememt and i just need someone to proof read it and give me some kind of advice or criticism

also has anyone used the medic mind personal statement reviewer service as well and is it useful ?
sj_1602
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can I ask if you went ahead and used a service? Was it any good? Thanks
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gcsehelpxoxo)
i am asking this because i havent recived much help from my school with my statememt and i just need someone to proof read it and give me some kind of advice or criticism

also has anyone used the medic mind personal statement reviewer service as well and is it useful ?
(Original post by dodda)
Can I ask if you went ahead and used a service? Was it any good? Thanks
The Student Room have volunteers that can review your personal statement for free in exchange for you being a member of our community and posting to help others, perhaps people in a similar situation to you
sj_1602
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by She-Ra)
The Student Room have volunteers that can review your personal statement for free in exchange for you being a member of our community and posting to help others, perhaps people in a similar situation to you
Unfortunately, I only came across that service last night and although I have submitted a statement for review I think I may have left it a bit late with the UCAS deadline fast approaching and not having achieved the 100 posts. I am still hopeful I will get some feedback but am looking into other options just in case.
alevelhelpxoxo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by dodda)
Unfortunately, I only came across that service last night and although I have submitted a statement for review I think I may have left it a bit late with the UCAS deadline fast approaching and not having achieved the 100 posts. I am still hopeful I will get some feedback but am looking into other options just in case.
i used medic mind but that was a waste of my money as it was run by a bunch of unorganized medic students who gave no useful advice at all. I would recommend using medify because their feedback was clearly detailed and written by people who actually know a thing or two about personal statements
disgust
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
oh you're kidding me. Mine is due at midnight today. Its a 500 word one for this Imperial Programme, where should I post my personal statement for others to review it?
Bidachanee
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gcsehelpxoxo)

No
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by disgust)
oh you're kidding me. Mine is due at midnight today. Its a 500 word one for this Imperial Programme, where should I post my personal statement for others to review it?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4237154 The information is via that link but i doubt it will be reviewed in time

Good luck!!
disgust
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4237154 The information is via that link but i doubt it will be reviewed in time

Good luck!!
Well if it doesn't get reviewd in time, thanks anyway. I emailed my teacher yesterday. Hopefully she'll reply soon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (558)
34%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (677)
41.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (331)
20.17%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.57%

Watched Threads