Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    argghhhhhh am I the only one thats finding this paper hard??Ive got LOTS of practice questions and just cannot answer them. I would rather prefer doing a piece of coursework. Last year i got an A for my bio coursewrk and i think im going to fail this paper
    Does anyone know of any good websitesor even good books that are available to help me guide through the practical paper.
    Thank you all :-)

ReputationRep:
    Is this the W2 paper? Just bang out the papers and study the mark schemes. That's the only way! It most certainly is not an easy paper as there often aren't definite answers. For the data question, you do need to look up the basics of the statistical tests (see syllabus). Try and get your teacher to help you through a paper or two, or perhaps go through it in a group. That got me started off anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Are they called the W2 papers? Im really not to sure. My teacher just calls them the practical papers. But thank you for the advice. I tried doing some and got most marks for each of them.I guess i just need lots of practice
    The only things that haunts me is when they ask you to plan an investigation. I can barely understand the question they give us.its so detailed. but like i said, Ill probably just practice lotss
    Thanks =D

ReputationRep:
    Definatly learn the stats. There is a link in the ultimate biology resource thread for advice on w2 papers.

Last year I don't think I did amazingly well on this paper but because the synoptic tends to be quite straightforward it balances out the markto give you a decent grade.

Look through mark schemes and you should notice a trend in answers they expect e.g. limitations, further work. As long as you try to be a logical as possible you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    can some one gv me the Unit 4 bio Practicals !!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 22, 2010

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.