The Student Room Group

Summer internships necessary?

Heres my situation:

Im currently beginning my 2nd year at the University of Nottingham, doing a bsc in management.

Im currently (doing a full year) in our beautiful malaysia campus and hope to travel southeast asia and many other places this summer. I plan to also use some of my late summer after my travels to prepare for the GMAT as im determined to go straight to masters.

Now my question: could i get away with not doing an internship this summer technically my penultimate year, and get my GMAT done and travel, then do a summer internship as a graduate with a masters offer, since technically i would then be in my penultimate year of my academic study.....or would this be a poor decision?
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Heres my situation:

Im currently beginning my 2nd year at the University of Nottingham, doing a bsc in management.

Im currently (doing a full year) in our beautiful malaysia campus and hope to travel southeast asia and many other places this summer. I plan to also use some of my late summer after my travels to prepare for the GMAT as im determined to go straight to masters.

Now my question: could i get away with not doing an internship this summer technically my penultimate year, and get my GMAT done and travel, then do a summer internship as a graduate with a masters offer, since technically i would then be in my penultimate year of my academic study.....or would this be a poor decision?

if you want a job after uni, yes. if you want to take a risk and maybe end up in a position where your plan doesn't work then it's not necessary no.

would still get an internship because getting one helps a crap tonne with getting another.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
if you want a job after uni, yes. if you want to take a risk and maybe end up in a position where your plan doesn't work then it's not necessary no.

would still get an internship because getting one helps a crap tonne with getting another.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll take the risk, tbf i already have an income so even if it takes me a little bit to find a job i want i can afford it. Im set on traveling an asia, i wont be able to do that with a full time job.

Quick Reply

Latest