d0nkey_dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m really interested in medicine but i’m also interested in biochemistry. Is medicine really as difficult, frustrating and especially stressful as everyone makes it seem? Do you not get as much free time as other students?? Help
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by d0nkey_dude)
I’m really interested in medicine but i’m also interested in biochemistry. Is medicine really as difficult, frustrating and especially stressful as everyone makes it seem? Do you not get as much free time as other students?? Help
Remember the Current Medical Students and Doctors forum is "The place for medical students to discuss all things about the course from work load to applying for jobs and everything else. Not the place for applicants to ask current medical students questions!"

I have only done medicine and not biochemistry (and I assume most med students / doctors on here will be similar) so I can't compare. However in 1st and 2nd years it was mainly lecture based with 1 session a week going to the hospitals. Once we started clinical blocks it was very different to other theoretical courses because we rarely go back to the Uni. I would say that there is less free time than other students, but that depends on your style of working / revising.
d0nkey_dude
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
Remember the Current Medical Students and Doctors forum is "The place for medical students to discuss all things about the course from work load to applying for jobs and everything else. Not the place for applicants to ask current medical students questions!"

I have only done medicine and not biochemistry (and I assume most med students / doctors on here will be similar) so I can't compare. However in 1st and 2nd years it was mainly lecture based with 1 session a week going to the hospitals. Once we started clinical blocks it was very different to other theoretical courses because we rarely go back to the Uni. I would say that there is less free time than other students, but that depends on your style of working / revising.
Is it extremely stressful? Or is it manageable?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by d0nkey_dude)
Is it extremely stressful? Or is it manageable?
:erm: obviously I (along with the majority) managed, hence junior doctor. But a few had some issues and had to retake a year, or two (or even more); while others may have to leave the course. I am sure if you browse through the "Current Medical Students..." forum you will see people struggling, ranting about it here too.

It depends on every individual, but most people do graduate.
d0nkey_dude
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
:erm: obviously I (along with the majority) managed, hence junior doctor. But a few had some issues and had to retake a year, or two (or even more); while others may have to leave the course. I am sure if you browse through the "Current Medical Students..." forum you will see people struggling, ranting about it here too.

It depends on every individual, but most people do graduate.
Thank you, i guess there’s some hope for me haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads