Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No this isnt a relationship drama thread.

Ok here it goes: Im on a 2 year unplanned year out atm, ive got a job somewhere local to me, the pay is good and everything is good thank God. I'll be in my second gap year come september, i decided in feb that i would apply for The Zenos Academy http://www.zenos.com/index.htm
    I got in for the september class, its 5 months long so ill be done by feb/march at the latest
    Now the whole zenos thing would pretty much teach me what i pretty much learnt in A level ICT (Got a B in it) and wouldnt really add to my qualifications per say.. just an NVQ Level at the most.

Now where i work i do weds/fri and sunday.. if i was to do the zenos thing i would have to cut my hours A LOT as its a 9-5 course thing monday to friday.
    and i wont be getting EMA if i was to go to zenos as i dont qualify anymore. Boo!
    So if i was to do zenos, id have less money and then once i finish zenos in feb time id have to stick with the less hours i would have needed from september to januray due to zenos as where i work cannot keep changing my hours to fit me. (Sorry if that part didnt make sense)

So im just wondering, is it worth me even doing this zenos thing in the first place as its only 5 months long and then after that i'll be in the same place i pretty much am in now.. just with less money/hours at work.
    Or
    Should i do the zenos thing as any qualification is worthy and seeing that ive been out of education for a while, getting back in it will help me as i plan to study ICT at uni in 2009.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    what? that thing sounds crap, don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qubog)
    what? that thing sounds crap, don't do it.
    the zenos thing right? Yeah ive been thinking is it really worth it at the end of it.. at the time i applied for it because i wanted to get back into the education vibe of things and stuff. but now i dont know.

ReputationRep:
    *Bump

ReputationRep:
    :dh:

ReputationRep:
    asking chat isn't wise.

ReputationRep:
    2 bumps on one page, deary me lol

ReputationRep:
    Yusuf, I'd repost this in an academic forum as it's likely you'll just get useless/spam responses here. If you want to do IT in the future I'd repost in a forum related, or careers ect.

Personally I wouldn't advise you to do it if it wont add to your skills much and rather I think you should keep searching, or perhaps get more hours at work next year to build up money if you can't find anything. However I dont know much about all this!

Just repost.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.