The Student Room Group

Think I like my best friend

(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Eleanoraexplora
So ive been friends with this boy for 4 years and you know we have a good relationship and I’ve come to Terms with my feelings to realise I think I like him stronger than friends. About 3 days after discovering my feelings I found out he just got in a relationship with another girl. My natural reaction was to be happy for him (which I am) but then I am also not cause of my feelings... I don’t want to break them up cause they’re pretty good for each other but it’s hard knowing the person you have feelings for doesn’t feel that way cause they look at someone the way you look deeply at them. It hurts me and idk what to do
If you get a change to - ie at the right time - tell him. But probably it's not a good idea while he's in a relationship.

The best relationships come out of friendships, so there's nothing at all weird about you feeling this.
Original post by Tootles
If you get a change to - ie at the right time - tell him. But probably it's not a good idea while he's in a relationship.

The best relationships come out of friendships, so there's nothing at all weird about you feeling this.

Thank you. I want to tell him but I don’t want to ruin their relationship or mine with him because of this.
Reply 3
Thank you. I want to tell him but I don’t want to ruin their relationship or mine with him because of this.
How strongly do you feel about him? If you have feelings for him, maybe saying something is the only way to let it go.

Now, if you say something and they break up... well, why would they break up? It would mean he feels the same, no? If you say something and they don't break up, no harm done. Either way, you aren't necessarily in the wrong. For all you know, he might have been feeling the same, but not said anything due to nerves.

But be careful. The thing to be afraid of here isn't them breaking up, it's him thinking you're interfering.
Original post by Tootles
How strongly do you feel about him? If you have feelings for him, maybe saying something is the only way to let it go.

Now, if you say something and they break up... well, why would they break up? It would mean he feels the same, no? If you say something and they don't break up, no harm done. Either way, you aren't necessarily in the wrong. For all you know, he might have been feeling the same, but not said anything due to nerves.

But be careful. The thing to be afraid of here isn't them breaking up, it's him thinking you're interfering.

That’s my point I don’t want him to reject me and our relationship be damaged and I don’t want to interfere with their relationship
Reply 5
That’s my point I don’t want him to reject me and our relationship be damaged and I don’t want to interfere with their relationship
In that case, what you need is someone else, or something else, to make you forget. Hobbies. Books. Whatever.

But be prepared to never be able to forget, if you feel strongly. Speaking from experience.
Original post by Tootles
In that case, what you need is someone else, or something else, to make you forget. Hobbies. Books. Whatever.

But be prepared to never be able to forget, if you feel strongly. Speaking from experience.

Ok thanks for the help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending