The Student Room Group

Retakes

Hi
So basically I studied Biology, Chemistry and Psychology in the linear A levels for 2 years I got my results in August and came out with DDE I want to get my grades up as much as possible, ideally but unrealistically I want to achieve AAA. Anyone have any tips it would be really appreciated x
You can retake them in June but will universities accept them? Some unis have strict policy on retakers and don't accept them. Also, I doubt you would go from a DDE to an AAA by working on your own if you are going to retake so unless you have some support from your school/college, I would try to look at an alternative.
Reply 2
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
You can retake them in June but will universities accept them? Some unis have strict policy on retakers and don't accept them. Also, I doubt you would go from a DDE to an AAA by working on your own if you are going to retake so unless you have some support from your school/college, I would try to look at an alternative.

So I'm studying at a college full time and have got a tutor for each subject when I say tips I mean any advice how to get my grades up etc, sorry i didn't make it clear. Thanks.
Reply 3
Original post by Banter Smith1
Ditch the Smartphone ASAP. You won't even believe how efficient you become. And actually, study. One tip that really worked for me was to revise with the mindset that you aren't trying to learn anything and just read it with no pressure. Best of luck, I was in the same boat as you and now I'm at a top 3 uni studying economics and just completed an internship for a top investment bank. Don't listen to the guy above, anything is possible. Look at Ibz Mo, went from living in a poor area, got 1 B at GCSE rest were C's, D's and U's, retook his A Levels and got into Cambridge. That might not be your goal but good luck.
PS. I know you won't ditch your phone, but it's the best advice you can get.

Thank you so much for you help and that's amazing ! I have started putting restrictions on the amount of time I spend on my phone and social media apps but honestly it's harder than I thought it'd be, and I literally be doing nothing on them, but one can try.
Thanks again :smile:
Original post by Shehabis1
Thank you so much for you help and that's amazing ! I have started putting restrictions on the amount of time I spend on my phone and social media apps but honestly it's harder than I thought it'd be, and I literally be doing nothing on them, but one can try.
Thanks again :smile:

If it helps I got Bs and Cs at GCSE but came out with As at Alevels and study at a top 3 uni also.
Reply 5
Original post by School00000
If it helps I got Bs and Cs at GCSE but came out with As at Alevels and study at a top 3 uni also.

I got A's in my science and maths at GCSE and B's in English and humanities, but my A levels seriously just went downhill, I got E in bio, D in chemistry and D in psychology I'm retaking to try get my grades up hopefully they do go up.
Original post by Shehabis1
I got A's in my science and maths at GCSE and B's in English and humanities, but my A levels seriously just went downhill, I got E in bio, D in chemistry and D in psychology I'm retaking to try get my grades up hopefully they do go up.

Yeh don’t worry anything’s possible when you work hard and loads of really good Russel groups like Durham and Loughborough accept retakes so it should be fine good luck
Reply 7
Original post by School00000
Yeh don’t worry anything’s possible when you work hard and loads of really good Russel groups like Durham and Loughborough accept retakes so it should be fine good luck

Thank you !!!:smile:

Quick Reply