The Student Room Group

Girls how did you get over a heartbreak?

I broke up with my boyfriend of a year and a half last month and I'm still heartbroken. I have decided to do the no contact thing but I'm still heartbroken. So i want to know, girls how long did it take you to get over your ex and what did you do that might have helped you? I don't really have any friends so I cant just go out and have fun so that's not a good suggestion for me loool
Awww....I am so sorry to hear that. Breakups are hard and I went through one recently. A lot of people have just told me to move on and get a new boyfriend but I don't want to do that. Just take some time for yourself...you are beautiful and you are strong. Get a box and take any pictures or mementos you have of the two of you and put it away. Don't keep looking at them or it will make you feel worse. but....don't throw it away because you may want them when you are older. Do something fun and spoil yourself...try and think about all the positives about being single!! You save money...you get to do more things...you don't have to worry about making time for him!!

Most of all...think about you and what he is losing because you are a special person and everything that you do is unique and if he can't see that then it is his fault. Don't spend too much time thinking about the past though...move on to the future and think about what you would love to do and you can dream about your dream guys again lol :smile:

Good luck and I hope this helps!
Original post by Anonymous
I broke up with my boyfriend of a year and a half last month and I'm still heartbroken. I have decided to do the no contact thing but I'm still heartbroken. So i want to know, girls how long did it take you to get over your ex and what did you do that might have helped you? I don't really have any friends so I cant just go out and have fun so that's not a good suggestion for me loool

Go onto YouTube and search for Guy Winch's Ted Talk on getting over heartbreak.

Time is not the factor here. Time does not heal all wounds, it is what you do with that time that counts. Obsessing over the past and focusing on how great you had it with your ex will not move you on from this. You need to focus on (a) what was wrong in your relationship - and something was wrong otherwise you would not have broken up (b) the opportunities you have right now (c) the fact that the future is still unwritten and is in your hands. You can change the script, if you want to.

Maybe start with a bucket list. All the things you want to do in your life. All the places you want to visit, the work you want to accomplish, the skills you want to acquire. Make a plan and start doing some of this stuff. If you do the things your really want to do, you will start meeting like minded people you really connect with and make lots of friends. And that's also probably some of the issue here - when you have no one else in your life, of course you focus on the person you did have.

Good luck. The future is in your hands. Don't drop it!
Reply 3
Same way as guys... time. It hurts us just as much.
binge watch a whole lot of netflix shows.
Original post by Anonymous

Do you have any close family? Maybe you need to join something so you can get out as much as possible.
Hey Girl❤️

You're going to be alright, trust me:smile: Heartbreak will leave you super sad and depressed for a while but it really really isn't worth it. The time you spend feeling sad over something isn't going to get you to a good place, do something fun and spend time with your friends eat ice cream eat cakes just binge on movies go for yoga classes, just enjoy being you:smile: Love yourself, treat yourself and enjoy life, the sis just a tiny little bum in the road you will be okay🙂

lot's of reassuring hugs,
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending