The Student Room Group

Is Newcastle Uni good for Chemical Engineering

What do people think, and what are the pros and cons of Newcastle Uni for this course?
Reply 1
Original post by JSC16
What do people think, and what are the pros and cons of Newcastle Uni for this course?

Have you visited it? There's no rush... you have until January to apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by JSC16
No I’m going next year as I am in a gap year. I have read leagues and everything and Newcastle seems a very all round uni, but I have read that there are other better universities for this course. Alongside Oxbridge and ICL are the other unkversities significantly better than Newcastle or are they all very similar prospect wise. For example would I stand a chance going into the oil industry with a MENG degree at Newcastle with an industry placement?

You're going to visit Newcastle next year? When? You need to apply by 15th January for entry in 2019.

O&G companies don't much care about your university. Getting an industrial placement via Newcastle, or anywhere, is a good plan.
Reply 3
Original post by JSC16
I have visited and I’m confirmed for 2019 entry , but would you say that ncl is a good uni for this course. I am aware of it having a good rank but fairly unstable

Confirmed for entry? You have an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by JSC16
Yes I am going next year

Congratulations. It's a good university - enjoy it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest