The Student Room Group

Bouncers being unfair

I’ve heard cases of bouncers being unreasonable and tonight showed it. Basically going out as it was a cheap student night, didn’t drink much prior to queuing just two Budweiser bottles so I was pretty sober grand scheme of things, got told to check my jacket for anything-said there only an iPhone charger and basically the bouncer thought I was being difficult made me wait for 30 mins I then came back 30 mins later and got told I was banned permanently. I explained the situation to the manager who knew I was sober and I let me join my friends inside-I just don’t understand the deal with bouncers, it’s like some of them get kicks out of chucking people out for no reason.
Original post by RandomTennisfan
I’ve heard cases of bouncers being unreasonable and tonight showed it. Basically going out as it was a cheap student night, didn’t drink much prior to queuing just two Budweiser bottles so I was pretty sober grand scheme of things, got told to check my jacket for anything-said there only an iPhone charger and basically the bouncer thought I was being difficult made me wait for 30 mins I then came back 30 mins later and got told I was banned permanently. I explained the situation to the manager who knew I was sober and I let me join my friends inside-I just don’t understand the deal with bouncers, it’s like some of them get kicks out of chucking people out for no reason.

There surely must be more to this story. I was a manager at a club in Brixton. The only time we told people to 'grab a coffee and come back in 30' was for reasons a lot more then the customer telling us they had an iphone charger in their pocket.
Original post by bigferociousdog
There surely must be more to this story. I was a manager at a club in Brixton. The only time we told people to 'grab a coffee and come back in 30' was for reasons a lot more then the customer telling us they had an iphone charger in their pocket.

There really isn’t more to it I showed him my jacket pockets which was what he requested and I was then apparently so drunk. I didn’t help the situation when I had to wait that I had to reason with them, these bouncers all sing the same tune when there mate kicks someone out-proof is in the pudding that when I asked for the manager I got let in straight away
Some bouncers are under the impression that they're akin to the police unfortunately

Bit like your typical middle aged receptionist who is always difficult and snobby cause they think they run the whole building
Yeah I mean with this one bouncer in particular it just seemed he wanted to kick someone out for the fun of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending