Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I have a degree in business law and want to then do law llb, how many years (including traineeship, conversion from scots law to english law) would it take me to be able to practice law and have a degree.

And would I appeal more to the big employeers as i have another degree,other than law?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    alot of the big companies in london (like norton rose and jones day, etc) routinely recruit graduates from degree backgrounds other than law. They sponsor your conversion and will take you for a traineeship after, dont worry!
    umm not sure about the conversion, i think maybe 2 years? plus traineeship of 3 - I think that would be 5 but if anyone knows better feel free to correct me!!!

Why dont you just do a GDL that way it will only take you 2 years in total or even a 2 year senior status LLB. Much better than 4 years for a scottish LLB, upto 1 year for a conversion and then another year for the LPC.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 15, 2008

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.