buying a vibrator on amazon if under 18

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i’m 16, i want to buy a vibrator but i don’t want to use a website that only sells sex toys because it will show up on my bank statement. also i think many have delivery restrictions.

i have my own private amazon prime account, which i can use to buy a vibrator from there. the vibrator is marketed as a “massager”, and there are no warnings about age restrictions on delivery. does anyone know if i’ll be unable to take my parcel if i’m under 18? or will they ask for id?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i’m 16, i want to buy a vibrator but i don’t want to use a website that only sells sex toys because it will show up on my bank statement. also i think many have delivery restrictions.

i have my own private amazon prime account, which i can use to buy a vibrator from there. the vibrator is marketed as a “massager”, and there are no warnings about age restrictions on delivery. does anyone know if i’ll be unable to take my parcel if i’m under 18? or will they ask for id?
I'm pretty sure sex toys are age restricted products so they may well ask for ID.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
..But i'd b v v surprised if they did. Pretty sure no age restriction on massagers.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago

If you go through the buying process the site will tell you if you require ID to have it delivered. Then you'll know.
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago

The company will be listed, but what you're buying might now be. Depends on the company. In my own experience, items don't show specifically on a bank statement, just the selling company.

But as has been said already, vibrators are age-restricted. Why are you worrying about it showing on your bank statement anyway, surely only you have access to those? If all else fails, don't you have an older friend or sibling who you could ask do get it for you? Or even your mother? Depending on your relationship with her, she might be fine with it - I know most of my friends (who are parents, given my/our age) would be fine with buying teenage duaghters toys.

If you can't do that, though, yes get a "massager" instead of a "vibrator", if you can.

Have you attempted the purchase yet, and been challenged about yourage?
username4175908
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hi , i brought a vibrator of amazon and there was no problem with any ID
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago

No age restrictions. The only id for delivery will be to id you are the correct person and nothing to do with age.

Other online etailers just use an innocuous name and plain packaging. I wouldnt worry.
Deborahs
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You can buy massagers that are great for masturbation in many pharmacies, large stores and yes off the Web. Walgreens, Walmart, Target to name a few. Look for things by Wahl or wand massager maybe. As for buying off the web from Amazon or ebay. I never got asked my age. OK I am well over 18 (by the odd decade or two) but they don't know that or care. If you buy a massager that way it should be ok to have it delivered and no incriminating retailer names on bank statements. If you buy a full on sex toy that way still no issues as long as you are sure nobody will open your mail. Retailers don't write 'sex toys' on the outside of packages, don't worry.
Last edited by Deborahs; 1 year ago
Alwaysintights
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

I got my first one of Amazon and I was only 16
DylMitchell4
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
How?!
Alwaysintights
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DylMitchell4)
How?!
Just ordered it and it came no problem but most enjoyable
Dhornne
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Buy from Amazon i bought a legit dildo whenI was 15 they didn't ask for ID
Dhornne
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

Buy from Amazon bought an actual dildo didn't ask for a ID
Dhornne
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Buy from Amazon i bought a legit dildo whenI was 15 they didn't ask for ID
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (12)
21.05%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (5)
8.77%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
7.02%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (7)
12.28%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
28.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
22.81%

Watched Threads