The Student Room Group

Black box stress

I have a black box with the RAC as it brought my insurance down. At first I thought it would be good as I felt proud seeing a good score and knowing where I could improve etc.

However, now I keep panicking because it drops randomly - it dropped from 95 to 63 despite having no marks for speeding/ accelerating/ harsh braking etc.

It brings me down for urban driving but I live in a city and am a supply teacher so drive around most days!

Also, the other day it lowered my score for speeding when I know for a fact I wasn’t speeding, I know that road well and it was by a roundabout so I was driving even slower.

Does anyone else find problems with the black box? How much do you check your score or is it better to just ignore it? My friend and boyfriend both stopped checking theirs but I’m paranoid my insurance won’t get reduced or it will get cancelled if the score goes really low.

Getting rid of black box isn’t an option for me financially so I’m just interested in other people’s experiences and whether I should just not worry about it!
Reply 1
Sorry I thought I posted it on cars and motoring I’m new to this and can’t figure out how to change it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending