The Student Room Group

C4 integration by parts

I need help with question d. It's a stretch question. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with log x, and how to relate it to this chapter. I've never learnt how to differentiate log, only ln, and I don't think I'm supposed to know a formula to differentiate log, so I'm a bit confused as to what to do. All help appreciated, x.

Attachment not found
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Danielnovels25
I need help with question d. It's a stretch question. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with log x, and how to relate it to this chapter. I've never learnt how to differentiate log, only ln, and I don't think I'm supposed to know a formula to differentiate log, so I'm a bit confused as to what to do. All help appreciated, x.

Can you think of a way of changing log into ln?

When you first learnt logs, you would have learnt several rules for manipulating them. One of which is how to change base. Can you think of how you might represent log base 10 in terms of log base e, ie. ln?
Original post by Muttley79
Can you think of a way of changing log into ln?

Change of log base rule. Ugh, my brain is fried from doing math all day I can't think anymore. Anyway, thank you😂
Change of log base rule. Ugh, my brain is fried from doing math all day I can't think anymore. Anyway, thank you😂

No probs - I think sometimes we forget the basics ..

Quick Reply

Latest