Higher Geography 2018-19 Watch

nat5dawg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ellaaaax)
does anyone have notes they could give me on ageing population and growing population?
Name:  20190525_00001_001.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  211.8 KBName:  20190525_00001_002.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  177.3 KB
Not the best notes but yea these are what I use
ellaaaax
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
thank you so much!!!
(Original post by nat5dawg)
Name:  20190525_00001_001.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  211.8 KBName:  20190525_00001_002.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  177.3 KB
Not the best notes but yea these are what I use
ellaaaax
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does anyone have notes on migration too?
ADADAAC
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Yorkr1901)
Hey, in the revised higher do you only have to do either coastal OR glaciated upland conflicts? I was only taught Lulworth Cove (coastal).
Also is anyone else doing Newcastle as a developed world city and finding housing to be really confusing to do because I have no idea how I would do a problems with housing question with it
Thanks!
you only have to do either coastal OR glaciated upland conflicts.

my teacher taught trossachs national park one of the conflicts was humans defecating in the water affecting water quality for Scottish water
SI1403
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah it is only glacial or costal. I’m doing the Dorset coast which includes Lulworth Cove but we learned like 3 or 4 conflicts not just Lulworth Cove
(Original post by Yorkr1901)
Hey, in the revised higher do you only have to do either coastal OR glaciated upland conflicts? I was only taught Lulworth Cove (coastal).
Also is anyone else doing Newcastle as a developed world city and finding housing to be really confusing to do because I have no idea how I would do a problems with housing question with it
Thanks!
SI1403
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What case studies did you do for it?
(Original post by ellaaaax)
Does anyone have notes on migration too?
FlightVelocity
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Some easy migration paths are Syria -> Lebanon and Poland -> UK. The course notes textbook covers them both fairly well.
ellaaaax
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I did poland to scotland but i don’t have one for forced migration
(Original post by SI1403)
What case studies did you do for it?
hollyyy1234
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
is the answer for the formation of a hanging valley basically just a u shaped valley but at the end you say something like;
Tributary valleys have smaller less powerful glaciers which result in less deep U-shaped valleys ‘hanging’ about the main valley.
charlie0912
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
does anyone have good notes for forced migration from syria? my notes aren’t good so i taught myself a whole new case study of rwanda to tanzania but i still feel i should stick with what i was taught
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
hollyyy1234
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
anyone have any predictions of what could come up? obviously i am still going to revise everything and i have but it would be nice to have some particular things to focus on as the course is quite vast. I think river formations will come up in physical as from what i have seen it hasn't come up for a while
charlie0912
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hollyyy1234)
anyone have any predictions of what could come up? obviously i am still going to revise everything and i have but it would be nice to have some particular things to focus on as the course is quite vast. I think river formations will come up in physical as from what i have seen it hasn't come up for a while
river formations is new to the course this year, so i think it definitely will come up and is likely to be a waterfall or an oxbow lake
SI1403
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I went through past papers from 2016 and wrote down what the questions were on then tried to see what they hadn’t asked but it was very rough so probably no where close but I’m studying hard on atmosphere, hydrosphere and population and then development and RBM cause it’s obviously going to come up
nat5dawg
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by charlie0912)
river formations is new to the course this year, so i think it definitely will come up and is likely to be a waterfall or an oxbow lake
oxbow was in the nat5 last year so it most likely won't be that. (I hope lol)
charlie0912
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
oxbow was in the nat5 last year so it most likely won't be that. (I hope lol)
nah it was meander in the nat 5 last year, and it’s also in the higher specimen this year so i’m confident meander won’t come up
nat5dawg
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
is the answer for the formation of a hanging valley basically just a u shaped valley but at the end you say something like;
Tributary valleys have smaller less powerful glaciers which result in less deep U-shaped valleys ‘hanging’ about the main valley.
yea that's exactly what we were taught. Like the glacier weighs less so there is less downwards erosion
nat5dawg
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
nah it was meander in the nat 5 last year, and it’s also in the higher specimen this year so i’m confident meander won’t come up
ohh right. Yeah I kinda hope it's either V-Shaped valley or waterfall because my oxbox notes are quite short compared to the others so I don't know how I'll get 6-8 marks worth. Maybe that's how it's meant to be tho idk
charlie0912
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ohh right. Yeah I kinda hope it's either V-Shaped valley or waterfall because my oxbox notes are quite short compared to the others so I don't know how I'll get 6-8 marks worth. Maybe that's how it's meant to be tho idk
i think an oxbow has more marks available actually, because i’m pretty sure u literally just explain a meander and then say that continual erosion and deposition results in the neck of the meander breaking/being cut, forming a new river channel. the new channel has fastest flowing water straight down the middle and so deposition is likely to occur on the outside, sealing off the oxbow from the main river channel
nat5dawg
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i think an oxbow has more marks available actually, because i’m pretty sure u literally just explain a meander and then say that continual erosion and deposition results in the neck of the meander breaking/being cut, forming a new river channel. the new channel has fastest flowing water straight down the middle and so deposition is likely to occur on the outside, sealing off the oxbow from the main river channel
Oh yeah I didn't even think of mentioning a meander. thanksss
charlie0912
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh yeah I didn't even think of mentioning a meander. thanksss
no worries. that’s kind of just the same rule for a lot of features. explain another feature first. like for example to explain a ribbon lake it’s how a u shaped valley is formed then just mention melt water and terminal moraine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads