Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Name:  15CF3D0D-283F-4968-8AFB-7C307FF5A98F.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  182.7 KBHope this helps
(Original post by charlie0912)
does anyone have good notes for forced migration from syria? my notes aren’t good so i taught myself a whole new case study of rwanda to tanzania but i still feel i should stick with what i was taught
charlie0912
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SI1403)
Name:  15CF3D0D-283F-4968-8AFB-7C307FF5A98F.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  182.7 KBHope this helps
that’s amazing thank u!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
hollyyy1234
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
thank you for all of your predictions. does anyone know if for population structure we only have to know the consequences of it or do we have to know the solutions to this too? the course spec my teacher gave me just says the consequences of it but i'm not too sure. thanks
ellaaaax
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
does anyone have notes on development indicators?
hollyyy1234
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i'm quite confused because for voluntary migration my class did poland to the uk but we also did turks to germany, which one should i revise? do i have to know both?
charlie0912
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hollyyy1234)
i'm quite confused because for voluntary migration my class did poland to the uk but we also did turks to germany, which one should i revise? do i have to know both?
just one, because you’d be asked to refer to any migration flow you’ve studied so you could choose either, you won’t be asked one on specific one. i’d say go with what one you know best and what ur most comfortable with but most people learn poland to scotland and that’s the answers given on the marking scheme so that one was more revision material but entirely your choice
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
nat5dawg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The question would just ask about a voluntary migration - so I'd pick just one and revise that
gregorodger
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
solutions as well pretty sure

thank you for all of your predictions. does anyone know if for population structure we only have to know the consequences of it or do we have to know the solutions to this too? the course spec my teacher gave me just says the consequences of it but i'm not too sure. thanks
gregorodger
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
anyone think a question on the impact of human activities on the hydrological cycle will come up? also screwed for hydrographs
gregorodger
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
anyone think a question on the impact of human activities on the hydrological cycle will come up? also screwed for hydrographs
nat5dawg
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gregorodger)
Doubt that question will come up as it's been in a past paper before and also idek if it's still in the course as its not in the How to Pass book nor have we been taught it
tbh.emmq
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does anyone have any last minute tips for the mapwork question?
nat5dawg
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tbh.emmq)
Does anyone have any last minute tips for the mapwork question?
make sure you do all the past papers and look at the marking schemes. no other way to revise for it really we've been told
nat5dawg
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gregorodger)
Actually, ignore me. This is in the course spec, just further down. Hopefully it doesn't come up because we've only been taught physical factors...
TheOrangeApple
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! In the exam, you'll almost certainly only be asked about one of them, though you need to know both because you don't know which one they'll choose. Thankfully I got a revision booklet from my teacher which has a table of all the questions asked in the last 3 years, so from trends, they will rarely ask a question on a topic that they did the year before. From this I've concluded what is very likely to appear in this year's exam (pretty much anything they've not asked since the 2016 paper or older.

Looking at the trend for conflicts, it was 2016 that the last Glaciation conflict was mentioned (so V. likely), however it was 2014 or before when they asked about coastal conflicts (that warrented a "V.likely!" with exclamation mark!) If I were you I would focus on coastal more as it will be pointless trying to learn about glaciated conflicts now ( though they are similar) and trends state that coasts is more likely.

Hope that helped!!
(Original post by Yorkr1901)
Hey, in the revised higher do you only have to do either coastal OR glaciated upland conflicts? I was only taught Lulworth Cove (coastal).
Also is anyone else doing Newcastle as a developed world city and finding housing to be really confusing to do because I have no idea how I would do a problems with housing question with it
Thanks!
TheOrangeApple
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
From my trends of what has come up, and therefore what is likely to come up, Hydrographs will almost certainly come up, not the hydrological cycle.
(Original post by nat5dawg)
Actually, ignore me. This is in the course spec, just further down. Hopefully it doesn't come up because we've only been taught physical factors...
SI1403
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Petty sure you only study glacial OR costal conflicts because the question says ‘... on a glacial or costal conflict you have studied’
(Original post by TheOrangeApple)
Hi! In the exam, you'll almost certainly only be asked about one of them, though you need to know both because you don't know which one they'll choose. Thankfully I got a revision booklet from my teacher which has a table of all the questions asked in the last 3 years, so from trends, they will rarely ask a question on a topic that they did the year before. From this I've concluded what is very likely to appear in this year's exam (pretty much anything they've not asked since the 2016 paper or older.

Looking at the trend for conflicts, it was 2016 that the last Glaciation conflict was mentioned (so V. likely), however it was 2014 or before when they asked about coastal conflicts (that warrented a "V.likely!" with exclamation mark!) If I were you I would focus on coastal more as it will be pointless trying to learn about glaciated conflicts now ( though they are similar) and trends state that coasts is more likely.

Hope that helped!!
TheOrangeApple
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've got the question for the 2016 PP here, and it says "For a glaciated area explain the environmental conflicts caused by various land users. Explain strategies used to manage conflicts and comment on their effectiveness" It doesn't seem to mention an option for coasts.
(Original post by SI1403)
Petty sure you only study glacial OR costal conflicts because the question says ‘... on a glacial or costal conflict you have studied’
nat5dawg
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheOrangeApple)
I've got the question for the 2016 PP here, and it says "For a glaciated area explain the environmental conflicts caused by various land users. Explain strategies used to manage conflicts and comment on their effectiveness" It doesn't seem to mention an option for coasts.
The course has changed slightly I'm sure, course spec says we only need to know one of the two
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads