Banning of Petrol and Diesel cars?

Watch
shamensaki
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I was just curious and wondering what would it be like a Mercedes or BMW or Audi new models releasing after 2040 and they all being electric. As the UK is going to banning petrol and diesel cars in 2040. Personally I do not like electric cars like Tesla or any other electric car out there but that just my opinion. What about you guys like what do you think?
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Meh, The UK doesn't know what it's doing next week let alone 2040, re leccy cars AFAIK we haven't quite licked the fact that they are just as polluting to make and the production of electricity is generally also polluting....not that fixing this is impossible, but an awful lot of successful work and infrastructure will need to precede it.

When I was a kid they swore ****ing blind I'd have a jetsons hover car by 2000 at latest.
dhr90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have they not said that it is purely new sales of petrol/diesel cars will be banned? Ie hybrid is fine? So many cars have hybrid or plug in versions now, but you'll still be able to get your fossil fuel fix if you so wish.
Maryelizabeth21
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m curious about this too, I think they’ll stop making new Petrols/diesels but won’t ban you driving the ones that are already around.
username2842002
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by waqaspk3)
I was just curious and wondering what would it be like a Mercedes or BMW or Audi new models releasing after 2040 and they all being electric. As the UK is going to banning petrol and diesel cars in 2040. Personally I do not like electric cars like Tesla or any other electric car out there but that just my opinion. What about you guys like what do you think?
Why don't you like them?
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Doubt they'll ever be banned, we're a capitalist nation and the oil trade is huge business and great for the economy.
username2842002
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Doubt they'll ever be banned, we're a capitalist nation and the oil trade is huge business and great for the economy.
I think by 2040 we would be well past oil because electric tech is bigger business.

Also, unless we start using more sophisticated methods to extract crude oil then we're gonna be in short supply.
Johnny English
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They're about £25,000 out of my price range at the moment.....

My diesel cost me £2000 nine years ago and is still going strong ....120,000 miles later .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads