The Student Room Group

Should I talk to him??

Hello!

Basically I'm in year 12 and I get the train to college (2 trains in fact) and theres this guy that gets on both of my trains quite regularly who also goes to my college.

When on the train and around college I often catch him looking at me and one of my friends has seen it too?

Idk maybe he thinks I'm extremely un attractive so thats why he's looking.

But I find him quite attractive and tbh I'd just like to get to know him even as a friend because our timetables seem to be quite similar (because I see him very often and my college is massive)

What should I do?

I try to smile at him when I see him looking but he looks away too quickly so I don't get the chance
Reply 1
Bump :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Bump :smile:

Just speak to him lol life is to short what if one of you guys drops dead just sayin sry.
Try and talk to him
Try and make some small talk I guess?
Start off casual-ask how his day has been.
The dude is probably shy to talk to, that's why he may look away when you look at him
What's the worst that can happen if you try and talk to him?
The reason he might look at you is that you may be attractive
GO FOR IT!!

I think he's staring because he finds you attractive rather than unattractive lol. I'd go up to him and have a friendly interaction and maybe say "oh i noticed we take the same trains" unless that's creepy idk im a noob at making friends,, maybe talk about your subjects and so on.

Tip: if he looks away, he might be shy? So talking to him might be harder since he might be a bit quiet, I'd just make sure to be very open!

Goodluck and tell us how it goes if you do talk to him ^^
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Doublletrouble
Just speak to him lol life is to short what if one of you guys drops dead just sayin sry.

Yeah that's true but lets hope not :smile:
Reply 6
Try and talk to him
Try and make some small talk I guess?
Start off casual-ask how his day has been.
The dude is probably shy to talk to, that's why he may look away when you look at him
What's the worst that can happen if you try and talk to him?
The reason he might look at you is that you may be attractive

Yeah that's true it's difficult because it's rare that i'm on the train alone so my friends would probably think i'm pretty weird talking to some guy lol, and when i'm alone he seems to be with friends, but i'm determined to talk to him this half term (3 weeks left)
Reply 7
Original post by Aleks<3
GO FOR IT!!

I think he's staring because he finds you attractive rather than unattractive lol. I'd go up to him and have a friendly interaction and maybe say "oh i noticed we take the same trains" unless that's creepy idk im a noob at making friends,, maybe talk about your subjects and so on.

Tip: if he looks away, he might be shy? So talking to him might be harder since he might be a bit quiet, I'd just make sure to be very open!

Goodluck and tell us how it goes if you do talk to him ^^

Yeah ahah hopefully you're right! I definitely want to talk to him, he seems like quite a nice guy. Thank you for the advice :smile: I will update if something does happen!
You might as well give it a go. The worst he can say is no. You're not already friends so there is really nothing to lose.
Yeah that's true it's difficult because it's rare that i'm on the train alone so my friends would probably think i'm pretty weird talking to some guy lol, and when i'm alone he seems to be with friends, but i'm determined to talk to him this half term (3 weeks left)

If so then talk to him at your college maybe?
I would definitely give it a shot. I had a similar situation a few years ago, where I was interested in a girl I met on a train. After realising I would rather get rejected than not taking the chance and regretting it later, I decided to ask her out.

And it turned out to be a good decision as we ended up dating for a while.
I would definitely give it a shot. I had a similar situation a few years ago, where I was interested in a girl I met on a train. After realising I would rather get rejected than not taking the chance and regretting it later, I decided to ask her out.

And it turned out to be a good decision as we ended up dating for a while.

Yes I think I will if I get the chance, I caught him looking at me again on the train today.I just need to get the balls to do so like you did! 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending