Buying e liquid from amazon to an amazon pick up point underage

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
bobby176
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
When buying items to an amazon pick up point from amazon such as e liquid will they check me for age verification or can I just get my parcel and leave? Anyone ever tried this with any items such as vapes, lighter refill and e liquid.
Zachattack3ee
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Yeah, it’s safe, used to do this when buying laughing gas 👍🏼👍🏼
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bobby176)
When buying items to an amazon pick up point from amazon such as e liquid will they check me for age verification or can I just get my parcel and leave? Anyone ever tried this with any items such as vapes, lighter refill and e liquid.
Cant say for certain but Amazon says

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...deId=200422990
zachattack3
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Cant say for certain but Amazon says

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...deId=200422990
this is true and e-liquid is age restricted in the UK, gas wasn't when I used the service, sorry.
999tigger
Report 3 years ago
Cant say for certain as i simply havent bought any, but i would think someone like Amazon would know the law and its not on their interest to see it broken as they will get fined. I remember when i tried to buy some cutlery off ebay I couldnt get it because i didnt have a credit card.
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Age-restricted items cannot be shipped to Amazon Lockers and such because minors can exploit it to bypass being ID'd.
bobby176
Rep:
on Amazon it gives the option to ship to a locker so it must not be a age restricted?
999tigger
Report 3 years ago
on Amazon it gives the option to ship to a locker so it must not be a age restricted?
I dont use amazon lockers enough, so cant say.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
i pick up from amazon all the time, you just swipe your card or type in details off the receipt or whatever. they don't ask for age and the locker computer system doesn't seem to be sophisticated enough to decipher fraud based on what I did. They do take your photo though at the pickup. I dunno give it a shot, you'll have to use your ID though and tracking number or item barcode to open the locker.
bobby176
Rep:
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
i pick up from amazon all the time, you just swipe your card or type in details off the receipt or whatever. they don't ask for age and the locker computer system doesn't seem to be sophisticated enough to decipher fraud based on what I did. They do take your photo though at the pickup. I dunno give it a shot, you'll have to use your ID though and tracking number or item barcode to open the locker.
What ID can I use can I not just use my item barcode or tracking number to open the locker?
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
What ID can I use can I not just use my item barcode or tracking number to open the locker?
your ID...thats what I mean by the system cant detect fraud, they just need verified ID to start the pickup process before you can even type in the tracking number. You can get anyone passing by to swipe/type their ID number in, or a guardian or a mate. I didnt purchase an item from amazon one time, it was being sent to me, but I used my ID to open it. Technically, that is fraud cos my name's not the buyer..

Anyway. You cant start/finish it without ID from my experience and they had no idea about my age, it's just how it is.
bobby176
Rep:
If it’s a normal item does it require I’d?
Pro11pse
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Don't think that there are age restrictions.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (128)
66.32%
No (43)
22.28%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.4%

Watched Threads