The Student Room Group

How to stop being the nice guy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usa10198292
why tf do you have a Rick & Morty tattoo tf

issa meme genius can you believe this...

go to "KnowYourMeme rick and morty IQ"...
Reply 21
Original post by rockrunride
Niceness isn't a virtue. Goodness is.

Being "nice" and shouting from the rooftops about it is also quite a self-absorbed activity to engage in.

Exactly! Everyone should be a good person. You shouldn't be good for the sake of what's in it for you.
The way I see it, your problem isn't about being nice, the main issue is you not being able to say "NO," hence, why you are being taken advantage of. Don't be a "YES" man all the time.
Imagine referring to yourself as a “nice guy” sksksk

But on a serious note, that’s a positive characteristic as long as it’s used in moderation and not taken advantage of
(edited 5 years ago)
Never stop being nice.
Reply 25
No such thing as being too nice.

On the contrary, there is such a thing where you put a girl on a pedestal and treat her like the holy grail, which is one way to turn her off in an instant. That's probably what you are doing.

Just treat them like humans you know?
You cannot change what you are, you should be proud. Learn to live with it.
Reply 27
Original post by Anonymous
I think the problem with me is that i'm too nice , which leads to people using me or just letting me down

I think it's also why girls don't like talking to me

someone help me break out of this cycle of niceness

here's the trick, what you're going through is not actually kindness. it's self-destruction. girls see that and run a mile m8
don't change. not many people are nice on this planet. this makes you rare.
(edited 5 years ago)
Not a good idea. You shouldn't stop trying to be a decent person in an attempt to be more popular with women. Wouldn't that be quite a counter-intuitive way to behave?

Also, your lumping over 3 billion people together... Maybe it's true for a small minority of people. But why would you want to get involved with anyone like that? If they like being treated badly, there may be something wrong with them.

Also, find out if other people (at least a few friends) think you are too nice. Ask them what they mean by this. Keeping asking questions if needed. People often have differing views (and standards) about what being nice is.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Bang Outta Order
issa meme genius @shameful_burrito can you believe this...

go to "KnowYourMeme rick and morty IQ"...

oh wow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending